WhatIsLife1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Desperately needing feedback on my PS. My old college tutor, I’m on a gap year, promised to help me as per my college’s policy. Tutors are to help gap year students with personal statements.

The only help she has provided is reading the first 2 paragraphs then offering the single phrase of advice ‘show don’t tell’. She hasn’t emailed me back in 3 and a half weeks. My application was due to be sent off at the end of October.

Not sure if I’m allowed to upload it. General tips for an economics personal statement would be very much appreciated.

I have trialled something in it that I’m not too sure about. I’ve stated arguments on a particular economic issue, from an economist article, and used them to directly ask questions that I myself want answered. Example: Michael Saunders’ arguments on low wage growth in conjunction with tough welfare rules began making me ask questions on how unemployment can be sustainably dealt whilst ensuring sufficient wage growth.. (this has then been tied to an issue of today, the issue of universal credit) . Note: I just wrote that off the top of my head. It is more eloquently put, and more detailed, within the actual PS.

To summarise the last paragraph of this, should I ask actual questions within my PS that I want answering?

Thanks for any help!
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
DO NOT UPLOAD IT. If you do, then you will not be able to use it as UCAS plagiarism checkers will flag it as 100% plagiarised.
WhatIsLife1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
DO NOT UPLOAD IT. If you do, then you will not be able to use it as UCAS plagiarism checkers will flag it as 100% plagiarised.
Oh right! Thanks!
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can post it safely in this forum to get a review
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (9)
37.5%
No - I have already returned home (4)
16.67%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (6)
25%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (1)
4.17%
No - I live at home during term anyway (4)
16.67%

Watched Threads