Moving frequently Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hello you guys, i'm really to this website so please bare with me for a moment since i don't have clue on what's what. So anyways, i want to talk about, let's say unique situation.
Alright (i haven't attended English class in years so ignore my horrible grammar!), my early education has been pretty stable and normal just like most other people like only moving about one or two times but when high-school started things started changing. When i finished middle school, i went to a HS which i was doing quiet great in if i do so say myself but just a month before the first year was about to end my parents told my siblings and i that we were going to move to our country of origin. Don't get me wrong i loved the people and the experiences i've had but the education in general was pretty subpar. They brought me down to Yr.6 since i wasn't fluent in the native language and i had to live there for **3 years**. When we finally left said country we travelled to Finland and attended a school the same month we set foot on the airport. I didn't learn much since there was only a month left of the school year. When the next school year started a couple of months later, i went to a different school and studied in a prep class for finnish HS. We only learnt like core subjects, math, Finnish language and science. The last day of the school year i found myself not able to speak any Finnish. I didn't know why it wasn't getting through my head. Now i go to **another** HS that's pretty much the same thing except it's a little bit more career-focused and a little Finnish on the side. Pretty much every week the teacher asks us what we want to be and i answer back in broken Finnish "Minä en tiedä" and she just accepts my answer. I feel like i would have probably known if i still attended HS and then over to UNI but the current school is so driven on making me start working the second i leave. I'm still attending the said school but my spirit is dying. I feel like i should travel to an English speaking country (Thankfully i still somehow remember the language) and quickly catch up on all my studies but i just don't know. Don't know what direction. I really don't want to talk to this with my parents since i really urged my mother to take us to Finland and now telling them i want to leave to yet **another** country would be ungrateful and ungracious.
There's also my 17th birthday coming up so i'm feeling the pressure.
I hope to here from you soon.
: )
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello you guys, i'm really to this website so please bare with me for a moment since i don't have clue on what's what. So anyways, i want to talk about, let's say unique situation.
Alright (i haven't attended English class in years so ignore my horrible grammar!), my early education has been pretty stable and normal just like most other people like only moving about one or two times but when high-school started things started changing. When i finished middle school, i went to a HS which i was doing quiet great in if i do so say myself but just a month before the first year was about to end my parents told my siblings and i that we were going to move to our country of origin. Don't get me wrong i loved the people and the experiences i've had but the education in general was pretty subpar. They brought me down to Yr.6 since i wasn't fluent in the native language and i had to live there for **3 years**. When we finally left said country we travelled to Finland and attended a school the same month we set foot on the airport. I didn't learn much since there was only a month left of the school year. When the next school year started a couple of months later, i went to a different school and studied in a prep class for finnish HS. We only learnt like core subjects, math, Finnish language and science. The last day of the school year i found myself not able to speak any Finnish. I didn't know why it wasn't getting through my head. Now i go to **another** HS that's pretty much the same thing except it's a little bit more career-focused and a little Finnish on the side. Pretty much every week the teacher asks us what we want to be and i answer back in broken Finnish "Minä en tiedä" and she just accepts my answer. I feel like i would have probably known if i still attended HS and then over to UNI but the current school is so driven on making me start working the second i leave. I'm still attending the said school but my spirit is dying. I feel like i should travel to an English speaking country (Thankfully i still somehow remember the language) and quickly catch up on all my studies but i just don't know. Don't know what direction. I really don't want to talk to this with my parents since i really urged my mother to take us to Finland and now telling them i want to leave to yet **another** country would be ungrateful and ungracious.
There's also my 17th birthday coming up so i'm feeling the pressure.
I hope to here from you soon.
: )
What nationality are you?
What countries have you lived in for the last seven years, a timeline would be handy?
What is it you want to do?
What is it you are studying?
It sounds like you have no qualifications?

I can say what would happen in the UK if you wanted to get to university, but dont have a clue for Finland. Dont they have a careers service?

Books like these can help you decide how to find a career.

Go to careers or see if you can get any of these books or they will have similar for you to read. Try and get ones aimed at your age group. If you cant find then just get second hand from Amazon.

https://nationalcareersservice.direc...ontact-us/home

https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Rocks-...6APMBBK3X5TV18

https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-You-Ar...MZ5PK361HSA0K4

https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Color-...JQ3RSS77A7Z49W

Its potentially very difficult to advise because we know so little about you,
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
What nationality are you?
What countries have you lived in for the last seven years, a timeline would be handy?
What is it you want to do?
What is it you are studying?
It sounds like you have no qualifications?

I can say what would happen in the UK if you wanted to get to university, but dont have a clue for Finland. Dont they have a careers service?

Books like these can help you decide how to find a career.

Go to careers or see if you can get any of these books or they will have similar for you to read. Try and get ones aimed at your age group. If you cant find then just get second hand from Amazon.

https://nationalcareersservice.direc...ontact-us/home

https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Rocks-...6APMBBK3X5TV18

https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-You-Ar...MZ5PK361HSA0K4

https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Color-...JQ3RSS77A7Z49W

Its potentially very difficult to advise because we know so little about you,
1. My nationality is finnish but my ethnicity is african.
2. I think it's a little too complicated to summarise it but in its most simple form: I was born here in finland left to go to the UK when was just starting primary school then left to my country of origin through my high school and now I've been here back in Finland since 2017.
3. Well when i was little i didn't have much aspirations, that or i totally forgot. For now i'm pretty interested in ancient civilization and the human species in general.
4. For now i'm pretty much only studying Finnish.
5. Well that's the tricky part, i have no idea if my father still has any certifications from my middle school years but i faintly remember him saying he lost it, not sure though.
Im not really well educated on the finnish education system but maybe if the uk and finn edu is the same you could tell me what happens in the uk?
Ill check out the books.
Hope to hear from you soon.
999tigger
Report 6 months ago
1. My nationality is finnish but my ethnicity is african.
2. I think it's a little too complicated to summarise it but in its most simple form: I was born here in finland left to go to the UK when was just starting primary school then left to my country of origin through my high school and now I've been here back in Finland since 2017.
3. Well when i was little i didn't have much aspirations, that or i totally forgot. For now i'm pretty interested in ancient civilization and the human species in general.
4. For now i'm pretty much only studying Finnish.
5. Well that's the tricky part, i have no idea if my father still has any certifications from my middle school years but i faintly remember him saying he lost it, not sure though.
Im not really well educated on the finnish education system but maybe if the uk and finn edu is the same you could tell me what happens in the uk?
Ill check out the books.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Well at least you have an EU nationality.
I thought the connection with the UK would be stronger.
From what i can see us you are Finnish, but your Finnish isnt good and your education is fragmented.
You dont really appear to have many or any formal qualifications and that means you have limited options

This forum tends to be more for those wanting to get to uni. If you were in the UK you would select a course and use that to get you there or follow a trade or profession.

Speak to careers, but it would seem your constant moving has prevented you getting a formal education and that means your options are limited.

You are better off speaking to someone in Finland.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Well at least you have an EU nationality.
I thought the connection with the UK would be stronger.
From what i can see us you are Finnish, but your Finnish isnt good and your education is fragmented.
You dont really appear to have many or any formal qualifications and that means you have limited options

This forum tends to be more for those wanting to get to uni. If you were in the UK you would select a course and use that to get you there or follow a trade or profession.

Speak to careers, but it would seem your constant moving has prevented you getting a formal education and that means your options are limited.

You are better off speaking to someone in Finland.
Thanks for your concise summary of the situation so far. Since it's really a complex situation i think i'll talk it over with it school.
999tigger
Report 6 months ago
Thanks for your concise summary of the situation so far. Since it's really a complex situation i think i'll talk it over with it school.
Because of the moving it appears your formal education has been impeded and without qualifications that makes further or higher education difficult, without further steps. As you are in Finland then best talk to your careers adviser there. The books or similar to the ones I linked can help you identify a career and what you are suited to, but most of this site is concerned with uk education.GL anyway. If you find things you want to do, then you can still get qualifications so dont give up. GL
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (93)
13.82%
The paper was reasonable (371)
55.13%
Not feeling great about that exam... (158)
23.48%
It was TERRIBLE (51)
7.58%

Watched Threads