The Student Room Group

Is Maths A-Level necessary for Medicine at Uni??

I want to do a general medicine course, ideally at St George’s in London. The A-levels specified are Biology and Chemistry (Both of which I want to do.), and grades of AAA. Is maths needed/helpful to do?

I’m predicted an 8 in Maths at GCSE. I believe I could get an A in A-Level, but I would rather do either Spanish or Psychology, and I don’t want to do 4. I like maths, but i’m not passionate about it. What should I do?
No, it is not necessary.
Original post by ravenwing
I want to do a general medicine course, ideally at St George’s in London. The A-levels specified are Biology and Chemistry (Both of which I want to do.), and grades of AAA. Is maths needed/helpful to do?

I’m predicted an 8 in Maths at GCSE. I believe I could get an A in A-Level, but I would rather do either Spanish or Psychology, and I don’t want to do 4. I like maths, but i’m not passionate about it. What should I do?

No, it's not normally a requirement for medicine courses, although it can definitely be helpful alongside sciences, as they compliment each other a lot.

Definitely go with what you prefer though, as you already have the two compulsory subjects

Quick Reply

Latest