The Student Room Group

Couple moving in to one bedroom student flat?

Me and my girlfriend are looking to move into a flat whilst both studying a maters in Liverpool. We would be getting the flat through a student accommodation company, was just wondering if, as it would be a one bedroom flat, we would both have to pay the rent per week or it applies to one bed one person? if you get what i mean..
Hi @zoeeyc

It completely depends on the accommodation. If you're planning to move into group halls, such as buildings owned by Unite Students, you'll be moved into a group halls (anywhere from 3-8 people in one flat)

If you're moving into a flat with one bedroom, the typical case is that only one of you will have the contract under your name (and you can choose together to split the bills among you) and be responsible. However, there are many flats that will charge based on "PPPM", which is "per person per month." You should call your chosen accommodation up and ask them, or check the website.

Sorry for a somewhat vague answer, the question is very much dependent on the building and landlord.

Hope this helps :smile:

Josh
Reply 2
Thanks for that, I now know that its at least possible to split rent with certain student companies but as you said I will just have to ask specific companies and watch out for PPPM... thanks!
Original post by zoeeyc
Me and my girlfriend are looking to move into a flat whilst both studying a maters in Liverpool. We would be getting the flat through a student accommodation company, was just wondering if, as it would be a one bedroom flat, we would both have to pay the rent per week or it applies to one bed one person? if you get what i mean..

Some of our studios in Liverpool offer dual occupency where the second student does not have to pay any extra.

If you'd like to look at what we have available you can check out our Liverpool page https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/liverpool

Quick Reply

Latest