How can I revise
Thank you
Original post by samira89890
I’m struggling with Chemistry a lot, who are the best you tubers
The best sites?
How can I revise
Thank you

http://www.alevelchemistryrevision.co.uk/

Dr Boes revision notes are mentioned quite often.

https://chemrevise.org/revision-guides/
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com do you do biology as well?
LITERALLY, the only studying I do is memorising the Chemrevise revision notes and then doing past paper questions. The AQA Chemistry questions are soo repetitive so memorising mark schemes helps a lot! I also note down the questions I got wrong and learn the mark schemes to them.

Where I get my Chemistry practice question:
Past and Specimen Papers for all AQA, OCR and Edexcel
Physics&MathsTutor
SaveMyExams
Ask your teacher for more questions
A-LevelChemistry.com
I was the exact same
Got a D grade sadly at the end, but am grateful I still for accepted at university lol.
MaChemGuy is really good on YouTube (my teacher always recommended him!)
DO PLENTY of exam.papers and ask for help if needs be. Attended support sessions we had session 3s after school. My chemistry teachers were very helpful to be honest and I felt bad when I didn't get the best grade:frown:but they knew I worked as hard as I could.
Just work the best that you can, that's all you can do. That way you'll have no regrets rhay you didn't work hard regardless of grades.

If you would like any further advice feel free to pm me and I'll be more than happy to help you.
Wish you all the best and don't worry you will smash it! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by rheacunha05
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com do you do biology as well?

No I do maths psychology and chem, definitely find it the hardest
Reply 6
Original post by Infinite Series
LITERALLY, the only studying I do is memorising the Chemrevise revision notes and then doing past paper questions. The AQA Chemistry questions are soo repetitive so memorising mark schemes helps a lot! I also note down the questions I got wrong and learn the mark schemes to them.

Physics&MathsTutor
SaveMyExams
A-LevelChemistry.com

Thank you!!

Physics&MathsTutor
SaveMyExams
A-LevelChemistry.com

You think even with the new linear exams they are repetitive? The questions are seeming to get a lot harder and more applied
Original post by Bidachanee
You think even with the new linear exams they are repetitive? The questions are seeming to get a lot harder and more applied

I'm pretty sure that the linear chemistry exams are going to be slightly easier than before. There's only so many ways they can ask questions, and there isn't much increase on the application questions for Chemistry than before.
I'm pretty sure that the linear chemistry exams are going to be slightly easier than before. There's only so many ways they can ask questions, and there isn't much increase on the application questions for Chemistry than before.

Exam q’s Are getting harder and more different. Believe me
chemrevise.org is AMAZING! You need to use it for sure!!!
to practice use physicsandmathstutor.com and savemyexams.
Exam q’s Are getting harder and more different. Believe me

The new spec has made biology much more difficult, but it's made chemistry a bit better. My teachers have told us this.

Also, there were some students who did their A-Levels this year got entered into the new spec A-Levels. Here's a link to a video where some of these students were discussing revision tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pZEqpxPv8Q
Slightly after the time 10:54 on the video, they mentioned Chemistry being easier than in the old-spec :smile:
The new spec has made biology much more difficult, but it's made chemistry a bit better. My teachers have told us this.

Also, there were some students who did their A-Levels this year got entered into the new spec A-Levels. Here's a link to a video where some of these students were discussing revision tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pZEqpxPv8Q
Slightly after the time 10:54 on the video, they mentioned Chemistry being easier than in the old-spec :smile:

Ok no problem, thanks for the video I’ll check it out. But is there any reason why you think it is easier? What about it is easier? Also definitely have to agree with you about biology ..... it’s merely impossible
Ok no problem, thanks for the video I’ll check it out. But is there any reason why you think it is easier? What about it is easier? Also definitely have to agree with you about biology ..... it’s merely impossible

To be honest, I don't actually know what makes the new chemistry exams easier- I need to ask my teacher this. But I just know that the grade boundaries will be very low for both biology and chemistry because the weakness of the majority of the students is always the application questions. So if the examiners decide to increase these questions, you can expect to see most students not scoring as high as in the previous years.
Original post by samira89890
No I do maths psychology and chem, definitely find it the hardest

We do the exact same subjects I do chem, psychology and bio as well. I'm struggling with bio at the moment. Message if you want to help eachother out, I find that really helps
past papers don't even read the other posts do past papers

Quick Reply

Latest