Turn on thread page Beta

What are you giving other people for Christmas? watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    We all know it's better to give than receive :yum: so with Christmas rolling around what are your plans to give people in this festive season? :present: maybe you have already brought it or planning to or maybe you are hand making a festive gift, perhaps you are even donating to charity!

Post in this thread what you are giving people for Christmas

:candycane::claus::holly::holly2::hugwings::merry::merryxmas::mistletoe::mrfreeze::present::question:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Mum - my friend is an awesome artist so she's drawn a picture of our late cat and I'll put it in a nice frame for her
    Dad - he actually specifically told me what he wants, ha. It's a small glass jar with his name on it so he can put his teabags in it at work
    Boyfriend - this Alphabet of Manliness book he's wanted for ages
    Nan - a gift card for Waterstones
    Boyfriend's parents / siblings - some nice chocolates from Lindt or Hotel Chocolat seeing as they love English chocolates
    Secret Santa person - probably some fluffy socks, a scented candle and some chocolate depending on what price limit we set
    Brother - money probably, or a t shirt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Mum - my friend is an awesome artist so she's drawn a picture of our late cat and I'll put it in a nice frame for her
    Dad - he actually specifically told me what he wants, ha. It's a small glass jar with his name on it so he can put his teabags in it at work
    Boyfriend - this Alphabet of Manliness book he's wanted for ages
    Nan - a gift card for Waterstones
    Boyfriend's parents / siblings - some nice chocolates from Lindt or Hotel Chocolat seeing as they love English chocolates
    Secret Santa person - probably some fluffy socks, a scented candle and some chocolate depending on what price limit we set
    Brother - money probably, or a t shirt
    Your brother gets almost no love. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    We all know it's better to give than receive :yum: so with Christmas rolling around what are your plans to give people in this festive season? :present: maybe you have already brought it or planning to or maybe you are hand making a festive gift, perhaps you are even donating to charity!

Post in this thread what you are giving people for Christmas

:candycane::claus::holly::holly2::hugwings::merry::merryxmas::mistletoe::mrfreeze::present::question:
    I am so bad at thinking of gifts to give to people. I may just give them a high five.

ReputationRep:
    I dunmo, we are all bad to buy for. A struggle every year.

ReputationRep:
    My dad has asked for socks again.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    No clue. I'm stressing out over it already.

My friend's birthday is also in December and trying to come up with two separate gifts for the girl who has everything is so challenging.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Pseudo Intellect)
    Your brother gets almost no love. :rofl:
    Ha, he's so hard to buy for. The tshirts I get him though are personalised and very much suited for him, so there's a bit of love!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    heheh :mmm: I have some great ideas
    already got a nice gift all wrapped up for some special people :mmm:

bought some nice lil xmas teddies for my flatmates :love:
    thinking of buying a cool game for my bestie
    and some nice local gifts from the xmas markets I go visit in lithuania/latvia/estonia for the family!

No idea what to get my dad though, he's such a pain :grumble:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I haven't really thought about it but got some ideas :yep: going to some Christmas markets with college so hopefully there will be something I can buy there.

Mum - brooch, will probably get a book or bookset, and maybe a digital photo frame or personalised gift from Photobox.

Dad (impossible to buy for as I get the impression he dislikes it if I spend money on him) so he will get- his usual packet of dark chocolate Digestive biscuits (he sounded enthusiastic when I asked), and a Toblerone.

Nan - Christmas hamper.
    :xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Ha, he's so hard to buy for. The tshirts I get him though are personalised and very much suited for him, so there's a bit of love!
    That’s a cool gift! Enough love for your brother too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    No clue. I'm stressing out over it already.

My friend's birthday is also in December and trying to come up with two separate gifts for the girl who has everything is so challenging.
    Wow, that does sound stressful. I always have the best intention for the gifts to buy people but it never quite works out how it does in my head!!

Would it be a possibility to get your friend one gift for her birthday AND Christmas? You could spend a bit more money but get her something really good like an experience or something?

Let me know if I can help yopu come up with anything

-Phoebe

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.