Anxiety and A-levels

Watch
redorde
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am a girl in year 13 butself studying at home. I had several panic attacks when trying to study and apparently I have bad anxiety. My question is, how do you study and keep up good grades when you have anxiety? How do you manage your anxiety?

Btw they recommended meditation and ofc exercise- any tips related to these to make them super effective?
redorde
Rep:
?
Guys? I keep having these episodes of panic and sadness where I can't get anything done
ThatGuy107
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I personally don’t have anxiety but my SO does so I may be able to help a bit. It seems the best way to deal with anxiety is to think ‘objectively’ about why you’re getting panic attacks. Try and work out your triggers and then take small (often Tiny!) steps to try and get over these triggers. This will take time though, so don’t worry if you think you’re going backwards.
oliverxdineen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by redorde)
I am a girl in year 13 but self studying at home. I had several panic attacks when trying to study and apparently I have bad anxiety. My question is, how do you study and keep up good grades when you have anxiety? How do you manage your anxiety?

Btw they recommended meditation and ofc exercise- any tips related to these to make them super effective?
First of all, remind yourself that the feelings you feel are completly harmless. They only have weight because you give them weight. Therefore try and find someway to ground yourself. We find ourselves going through our lives not really considering out feelings and detatching ourselves through TV and social media. Therefore things that made us feel more in control of our body and mind, such as reading, excerise, conversing with friends and family, are extremely important. And i cannot stress enough how important excerise and moving around is. Try to at least get up every hour and simply move around; go downstairs and make a tea; get up and do some jumping jacks; go round the shops or go for a walk. Any of these things will help. In addition try to at least do a couple hours of proper excersie a week. When you excerise dopamine is realisung dopamine and seratonin: both help us sleep better and improve our mood.

Also try and find what stresses you out, and address it!! Don't try to get round it, simply go head on at it!!!!! And just remember whatever grades you get this year, it doesn't set you on a road to failure of success; its your motivation that will get you places.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
I have no idea what you're going through but I think I would, if I was in the same position, take a break, listen to some happy tunes, talk to someone, reflect on yourself and how you've come and how close you are to your goal. It's alright to slow down during this period of time in your life, just don't give up.
redorde
Rep:
?
(Original post by oliverxdineen)
First of all, remind yourself that the feelings you feel are completly harmless. They only have weight because you give them weight. Therefore try and find someway to ground yourself. We find ourselves going through our lives not really considering out feelings and detatching ourselves through TV and social media. Therefore things that made us feel more in control of our body and mind, such as reading, excerise, conversing with friends and family, are extremely important. And i cannot stress enough how important excerise and moving around is. Try to at least get up every hour and simply move around; go downstairs and make a tea; get up and do some jumping jacks; go round the shops or go for a walk. Any of these things will help. In addition try to at least do a couple hours of proper excersie a week. When you excerise dopamine is realisung dopamine and seratonin: both help us sleep better and improve our mood.

Also try and find what stresses you out, and address it!! Don't try to get round it, simply go head on at it!!!!! And just remember whatever grades you get this year, it doesn't set you on a road to failure of success; its your motivation that will get you places.
Do you think there's enough time to help myself get better and get my work done?
Last edited by redorde; 2 years ago
oliverxdineen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by redorde)
Do you think there's enough time to help myself get better and get my work done?
Of course there is!!! I find myself doing more work and being more productive when I do a little less work and focus on myself. Simple things like mindfulness can be donein a matter of minutes; ie. sitting on the loo or having a shower. Don't burn yourself out, as all your hard work will go to waste. Try to think in the long term, as you need to have a balanced life in order to be succesful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (8)
5.59%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.78%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
16.78%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
28.67%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (25)
17.48%

Watched Threads