The Student Room Group

Talking to this girl

So this girl and I both do some work experience which we go to and she seems interesting and fun to talk to. We talk there after it has ended but in school we rarely see each other and if we do we just say hey or something or really small talk but thats it. Sometimes we see each other like from a distance and we don’t smile or anything. Should the guy make the first move to start a conversation as this is what she did when we first saw each other at the work experience place because im not sure if she’s interested in talking to me or not. I dont think she is much to be honest but any advice?
Original post by Anonymous
So this girl and I both do some work experience which we go to and she seems interesting and fun to talk to. We talk there after it has ended but in school we rarely see each other and if we do we just say hey or something or really small talk but thats it. Sometimes we see each other like from a distance and we don’t smile or anything. Should the guy make the first move to start a conversation as this is what she did when we first saw each other at the work experience place because im not sure if she’s interested in talking to me or not. I dont think she is much to be honest but any advice?

Maybe when you are chatting on work experience then you can ask if its ok to get her social media?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Maybe when you are chatting on work experience then you can ask if its ok to get her social media?

Well i have got her social media but im thinking its too soon to start a conversation online as we dont really have many in real life?
Well i have got her social media but im thinking its too soon to start a conversation online as we dont really have many in real life?

Thought you said you talked to her during work experience? If you are interested just be sociable.
Reply 4
Thought you said you talked to her during work experience? If you are interested just be sociable.

Its work experience but its paid so its pretty much like a job as i go there twice a week not a one time thing
Reply 5
yes
Its work experience but its paid so its pretty much like a job as i go there twice a week not a one time thing

Just carry on being sociable and talk to her. If you get on well you can continue it on social media or sit together whilst you have lunch? just build on it and become better friends.
Reply 7
Just carry on being sociable and talk to her. If you get on well you can continue it on social media or sit together whilst you have lunch? just build on it and become better friends.

Well she didnt come work today as its on fridays and then i messaged her for the first time wondering why she didnt come? What’d you think?
Reply 8
Well she didnt come work today as its on fridays and then i messaged her for the first time wondering why she didnt come? What’d you think?

Decent starter bud, hope the conversation grows 👌

Thats fine and a good reason. Did you ask if she was ok?
you should've asked if she was ok, but thats fine.
Original post by ignorewhatisay
you should've asked if she was ok, but thats fine.

Well
Thats fine and a good reason. Did you ask if she was ok?

Well she said she was ill and in hospital so i said oh get well soon
Well she said she was ill and in hospital so i said oh get well soon

But i saw her at lunch so im not sure if its believable
But i saw her at lunch so im not sure if its believable

Just be positive and give her the benefit of the doubt.
At this stage you should be looking to increase sociability and contact, even as friends.
Just be positive and give her the benefit of the doubt.
At this stage you should be looking to increase sociability and contact, even as friends.

Yeah true. The conversation didn’t really go anywhere so she didn’t reply, i was going to say are you feeling better from yesterday but she saw the previous message and didn’t reply so if i message again saying that i believe she’d get annoyed?
Reply 15
Yeah true. The conversation didn’t really go anywhere so she didn’t reply, i was going to say are you feeling better from yesterday but she saw the previous message and didn’t reply so if i message again saying that i believe she’d get annoyed?

Sound caring and friendly, not as if you want to be doubting her being ill. Just become friends and get to know her well, then see if there's a spark
Original post by ps01
Sound caring and friendly, not as if you want to be doubting her being ill. Just become friends and get to know her well, then see if there's a spark

Yeah true I probably will just see her Monday or Tuesday and try talk to her then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending