The Student Room Group

Is 5'10 not tall enough?

Sometimes I feel short at 5'10 and I think it is part of the reason I get overlooked by girls. Do girls prefer taller guys.

Scroll to see replies

I don't think so...I think 5'10 is a decent height...
Reply 2
Well, you are average in terms of height according to Google, and most women are around 5ft 5, so you shouldn't have a problem as it seems you are taller than most women. I don't think your height is a problem.
Yeah, no that's not the reason. Look for something else.
Attachment not found
(edited 5 years ago)
Im 6ft1 and I wonder if thats even tall enough sometimes. My girlfriend is about 5ft10-5ft11 and she says that she would prefer guys taller than her. So assuming you wouldnt wanna date girls the same height as you or taller, id say 5ft10 is perfectly adequate. Although I have seen plenty of couples were the female is taller than the male
Original post by shmexystar
Im 6ft1 and I wonder if thats even tall enough sometimes. My girlfriend is about 5ft10-5ft11 and she says that she would prefer guys taller than her. So assuming you wouldnt wanna date girls the same height as you or taller, id say 5ft10 is perfectly adequate. Although I have seen plenty of couples were the female is taller than the male

U mans at 6'1 then u see me at 5'8.9 at the age of 18 and satisfied with my height cos of ethnic pride. 😂😂😂 Nah fr tho, 6'1" is bare big, u legit tower me.
Reply 7
It's perfectly fine OP
Original post by Lemonadez
U mans at 6'1 then u see me at 5'8.9 at the age of 18 and satisfied with my height cos of ethnic pride. 😂😂😂 Nah fr tho, 6'1" is bare big, u legit tower me.

Its fine for me until I see guys at 6ft4-6ft5 towring over me, I guess we all want what we dont have.
Its fine for me until I see guys at 6ft4-6ft5 towring over me, I guess we all want what we dont have.

I don't mind growing a bit more (even tho i won't), but I'm pretty content with my height. I find it fun to be one of the shortest in my year.
Female hypergamy. Women go for the top 15-20% of men in an unregulated society. What is that? The current dating world for women from age 11-28, where they chase men they view as genetically a cut above the rest. They are hard wired to do this.

Absolutely agree lol 6’2 but hate it when someone’s taller than me haha
Men and their fixation with height.

Yes, your height is fine.
Original post by Anonymous
Female hypergamy. Women go for the top 15-20% of men in an unregulated society. What is that? The current dating world for women from age 11-28, where they chase men they view as genetically a cut above the rest. They are hard wired to do this.

No they don't.
Original post by Violet Femme

I don’t blame them.
Yeah it’s perfectly fine
Reply 16

Men are fixated with height because the majority of women have specific height requirements a guy must first fulfil to even be considered.

If women didn't care for example whether a guy was 6ft 3 or 5ft 3 you wouldn't be seeing height topics here.
Original post by ANM775
Men are fixated with height because the majority of women have specific height requirements a guy must first fulfil to even be considered.

If women didn't care for example whether a guy was 6ft 3 or 5ft 3 you wouldn't be seeing height topics here.

There are a lot of qualities to consider when wanting to date someone. Height is one of them, but certainly not an important one. I've got no problem with a man being short if he has other things to offer. 5'10 definitely does not qualify as short though.

I've noticed men who struggle with women often blame their height rather than other attributes that they can change. It's an attitude that will leave them single.
I'm 5'7 and my girlfriend is about the same height, many girls don't care about height
Reply 19
There are a lot of qualities to consider when wanting to date someone. Height is one of them, but certainly not an important one. I've got no problem with a man being short if he has other things to offer. 5'10 definitely does not qualify as short though.

I've noticed men who struggle with women often blame their height rather than other attributes that they can change. It's an attitude that will leave them single.

Height is literallly one of THE most important things.
Personally I am 5ft 10, If I was unlucky enough to be 5ft 3 adult height ..then instantly like 70%+ of women would immediately write me off, and it wouldn't matter about other qualities at all short of being a multi-millionaire ...i'd instantly be written off purely on the height.

Quick Reply

Latest