Tesco CFC - Being sent home early every day and not getting my core hours.

Watch
bb229
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there, I'm in need of some advice.

I've recently started working at Tesco, at a Customer Fulfillment Centre as a picker under a Full Time Flexi Contract.

In my contract, I have been assigned the core hours of 3.75hrs per day, week days, and have had my weekly earnings calculated and shown in the contract. My contract also states that I may need to work an additional 3.75hrs each day should the need occur, something I'm completely fine with.

My issue is that for these last 2 months I've been here, every single day (except one), we've been sent home early due to completing the pick for the orders and having no more work to do. This is often after 2.5-3hrs each day, which is less than my core contracted hours.

This has resulted in me being paid roughly 20% less than what my core hours/contract pay says I should be being paid.

Tesco prides itself on having no zero hour contracts, but surely this is a zero hour contract, as I'm not being paid the amount my contract says I should, and I am now never sure what my minimum pay will be.

Does any of this sound wrong? What should I do?
23conor23
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bb229)
Hi there, I'm in need of some advice.

I've recently started working at Tesco, at a Customer Fulfillment Centre as a picker under a Full Time Flexi Contract.

In my contract, I have been assigned the core hours of 3.75hrs per day, week days, and have had my weekly earnings calculated and shown in the contract. My contract also states that I may need to work an additional 3.75hrs each day should the need occur, something I'm completely fine with.

My issue is that for these last 2 months I've been here, every single day (except one), we've been sent home early due to completing the pick for the orders and having no more work to do. This is often after 2.5-3hrs each day, which is less than my core contracted hours.

This has resulted in me being paid roughly 20% less than what my core hours/contract pay says I should be being paid.

Tesco prides itself on having no zero hour contracts, but surely this is a zero hour contract, as I'm not being paid the amount my contract says I should, and I am now never sure what my minimum pay will be.

Does any of this sound wrong? What should I do?
Can’t you look for overtime on other departments? Rumbling or something...
bb229
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m not sure if you’ve checked, but I posted this a year ago. There was nothing I could do to extend my hours to fit what I signed up. I was hired at a much better job after a few months.
MRS_sipp1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bb229)
I’m not sure if you’ve checked, but I posted this a year ago. There was nothing I could do to extend my hours to fit what I signed up. I was hired at a much better job after a few months.
I have an induction on Wednesday for a Tesco Dotcom picker role.Could you please describe to me what the work was like and your experience of working there.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by MRS_sipp1)
I have an induction on Wednesday for a Tesco Dotcom picker role.Could you please describe to me what the work was like and your experience of working there.
I started working as a picker last week and its hard work I cant lie. Its basically like a big supermarket with products and you get a machine to scan the items to put it in the tray. You get multiple trays going round a conveyor belt thing so you are constantly scanning items to put in the tray and going round to multiple aisle based on where the machine you have whats you to go. Its pretty straight forward but very tedious. the job isnt horrendous but I think its the 2am starts that kills me. hope thats helps a little
MRS_sipp1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You're an absolute gem! Thank you. Good luck at your new job!
23conor23
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MRS_sipp1)
Personally I prefer dot com than anywhere else, I find doing other work really boring. As above mentioned you basically go round scanning products on your device and putting them in the trays on your trolley, not much else to it, but it’s decent.
MRS_sipp1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by 23conor23)
Personally I prefer dot com than anywhere else, I find doing other work really boring. As above mentioned you basically go round scanning products on your device and putting them in the trays on your trolley, not much else to it, but it’s decent.
Yeah, I agree - it may sound bad but since I work at CFC I don't have to deal with customers so it's very chill! So far I haven't really had any problems - the only thing I hate is the pick rate, our target is 250😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.23%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (65)
20.83%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.59%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (67)
21.47%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
9.94%
I haven't started researching yet (31)
9.94%

Watched Threads