Dan50010
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am currently in Year 12 studying Maths, Computer Science and Business Studies. My plan after A - levels is to do a Computer Science degree. However, I have found that i only like some parts of the course and the parts i dislike i struggle with in lesson and in exams. I am now thinking of dropping Computer Science for Accounting as it is another promising field i might go into.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dan50010)
I am currently in Year 12 studying Maths, Computer Science and Business Studies. My plan after A - levels is to do a Computer Science degree. However, I have found that i only like some parts of the course and the parts i dislike i struggle with in lesson and in exams. I am now thinking of dropping Computer Science for Accounting as it is another promising field i might go into.
Whilst accounting & compSci both contain maths they are completly different. Plus to do accounting as a job you dont need a finance or accounting degree any analytical subject and you can apply to a big 4 firm.

I think you need to take some time think about your interests do some research and then decide what you (think you) want to do for a career, then figure out what degree best suites that then decide a level subjects. It sounds like you dont actually know what you want to study and are just looking for popular subjects. You might as well pick a degree on something your v passionate about, if you end up going into accounting as the degree is not a big deal for jobs in that area.

Also studying a subject at Uni is very different to at A level.
Dan50010
Rep:
?
That's why i was considering dropping Computer Science as the subject is different to A -level depending on the Uni. My only concern is that if i drop CompSci for Accounting I will be restricting myself.
ZdYnm8vuNR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What parts of the computer science a level /degree do you dislike?
Dan50010
Rep:
?
I am doing the OCR Computer Science exam board and a lot of it is very Pseudocode and assembly code heavy whch is a part of CompSci i dislike.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (518)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.56%

Watched Threads