The Student Room Group

Death anxiety

( im atheist btw) Hello. I was recently getting upset about my cat who passed a few months ago and it led to me thinking what it's like after death. I just suddenly am really scared about it and i know it will happen to all of us someday and the thought of just doing nothing for eternity really scares me. I know it's stupid and inevitable but it really makes me afraid even thought I have so many years left.
Original post by Anonymous
( im atheist btw) Hello. I was recently getting upset about my cat who passed a few months ago and it led to me thinking what it's like after death. I just suddenly am really scared about it and i know it will happen to all of us someday and the thought of just doing nothing for eternity really scares me. I know it's stupid and inevitable but it really makes me afraid even thought I have so many years left.

You won't exist after death. There will be no thoughts, no feelings, nothing. Nobody has ever regretted dying, because it is literally nothing. Hence, you are scared of nothing.
I was never really scared of death so I can't relate but I do find the concept interesting. I think it's most likely that there won't be anything after death but nobody can know for certain which is why it's interesting. If you figure out how to use your time wisely and decide on what you want to use your life to accomplish, it may help with your fear of death.
You'll never experience death, only dying.
Happened to me when I was like 14/15. You think you won’t get over the feeling because it’s so intense but you will. It will just naturally go away in a few months.
You're just a juicy sack of blood and guts..

when you die that's it the end..

Just make the most of what you have now..
Maybe think of it as something that we all go through but no one knows what it’s like. In a way you should be excited for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending