Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
( im atheist btw) Hello. I was recently getting upset about my cat who passed a few months ago and it led to me thinking what it's like after death. I just suddenly am really scared about it and i know it will happen to all of us someday and the thought of just doing nothing for eternity really scares me. I know it's stupid and inevitable but it really makes me afraid even thought I have so many years left.
That'sGreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
( im atheist btw) Hello. I was recently getting upset about my cat who passed a few months ago and it led to me thinking what it's like after death. I just suddenly am really scared about it and i know it will happen to all of us someday and the thought of just doing nothing for eternity really scares me. I know it's stupid and inevitable but it really makes me afraid even thought I have so many years left.
You won't exist after death. There will be no thoughts, no feelings, nothing. Nobody has ever regretted dying, because it is literally nothing. Hence, you are scared of nothing.
53706172726f77
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I was never really scared of death so I can't relate but I do find the concept interesting. I think it's most likely that there won't be anything after death but nobody can know for certain which is why it's interesting. If you figure out how to use your time wisely and decide on what you want to use your life to accomplish, it may help with your fear of death.
L.D.S.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Might not work for you but here’s my personal experience. (I’m an atheist too).

When I was younger I questioned what happened when we died. I thought it would likely be similar to when you go to sleep and don’t dream at all, except you never wake up again. So complete non existence essentially. However later on I began to consider the ‘soul’ more and if something may stay- I eventually formed the idea of the essence of a person being left behind after death to be on earth for eternity and unable to interact with it, like an invisible ghost I guess. For some reason this idea stuck with me even though I don’t really believe in paranormal stuff, and so I started to become terrified of death thinking I would become entrapped in some never ending limbo being the 3rd person to everybody else’s lives.

I eventually got involved with volunteering at a hospice. I interacted with so many people on the brink of death, I talked to them, listened to their stories and fears and opinions, I learnt more, I even saw a couple of dead bodies (!). Of course I’m not suggesting something as extreme as that unless you’re genuinely interested, but I honestly found it to be quite dramatic in the way it shifted my perspective. No I don’t have any more clarity into what happens when we die- no one does. But I can appreciate how much time really does fly, how regrets come back to haunt you, and how loving each day as though it’s your last really is a good way to live.

TLDR; learn more about what it is you’re afraid of. Change your perspective on it for the better. Change the fear into motivation for the things you want most in life. Don’t think about it too much.
Last edited by L.D.S.; 9 months ago
XOR_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You'll never experience death, only dying.
TheJohnM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Happened to me when I was like 14/15. You think you won’t get over the feeling because it’s so intense but you will. It will just naturally go away in a few months.
Table123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You're just a juicy sack of blood and guts..

when you die that's it the end..

Just make the most of what you have now..
Bongo Bongo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Maybe think of it as something that we all go through but no one knows what it’s like. In a way you should be excited for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (198)
24.32%
Pop (197)