The Student Room Group

Graduate Schemes

I feel I should make this post as I've seen some utter rubbish written about degrees which people clearly have no insight on they just assume. A question which is commonly asked is ' Do degrees have an expiry date ?' The answer is no , I graduated in 2012 and have contacted a lot of companies who run graduate scheme's who are not bothered in the slightest about when you got your degree. I understand that it is difficult to get on these as I know I had a lot of difficulty when I first finished university. However I wrote this post so that if anyone feels disheartened buy posts about degrees having an expiry date that they should ignore them. Nobody can take that achievement away from you and good luck with your job hunt.
Some graduate schemes do require you to have obtained the degree within a certain period of time so there is an expiry date for those.
Original post by Student-95
Some graduate schemes do require you to have obtained the degree within a certain period of time so there is an expiry date for those.

The point I was trying to make was that a lot don't , there are a few job roles with time limits but the majority don't mind. That also has nothing to do with an expiry date of the degree itself. A degree can't expire.
Original post by Aidie1010101
The point I was trying to make was that a lot don't , there are a few job roles with time limits but the majority don't mind. That also has nothing to do with an expiry date of the degree itself. A degree can't expire.

SMEs typically do not, but a very large number of large organisations do, which is where most applications will be going.

Many of the more prestigious organisations (in law, engineering and banking) make it very explicit that you need to have applied for a role to begin immediately after graduation, or up to one max two years.

Quick Reply

Latest