I'm taking 7 A-Levels and need A*A*A*A*A*A*A* Watch

This discussion is closed.
Albert_Stewart
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I am currently taking 7 A-Levels considering I have learnt 4 languages fluently and would like to study computer science at Cambridge. Although I have heard Oxford is much better for computer science so which should I choose? My GCSE grades are very good, and I've heard Oxford prefer GCSE grades:

Maths = A*
Further Maths A^
Physics =A*
Biology = A*
Chemistry = A*
English Language = A*
English Literature = A*
German = A*
Spanish = A*
French = A*
Italian = A*
Mandarin = A* (Completed at 12 so I forgot a lot but i can still speak fluently)
Cantonese = A*
Portuguese = A*
Computing = A*
Geography = A*
History = A*
Psychology = A*
Music = A*
Ancient Languages = A*
I was considering taking more GCSE but was advised not to.

I've also taken Maths A-Level 2 years early and received an A*, as well as French and Spanish.

I am currently taking:
Further Maths - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
Computing - A*

I am thinking about taking EPQ as I am advised to, but I don't know if I want the extra pressure on applying with an EPQ.
Completing over 2 work experiences at Microsoft and Apple, Cambridge also invited me to Venezuela for a research work experience trip. However I didn't think it was a good use of my time and continued studying for my GCSEs.

I am also Grade 8 in the organ scholarship so I could consider applying to both Oxford as well as Cambridge, your thoughts on what I should be doing?
Last edited by Albert_Stewart; 11 months ago
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hey troll,

why do you need 7 a*s?

kind regards,
me name
Last edited by ZombieTheWolf; 11 months ago
TSREconomist100
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yawn
Albert_Stewart
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Just because I am smart it doesn't mean I am a troll
ZombieTheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Albert_Stewart)
Just because I am smart it doesn't mean I am a troll
Dear troll,

you mustn't be so smart if you couldn't even answer my message.

Kind regards
patry27
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You must have a very sad life
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
And on today's tsr of things that never happened
Sarah_g_24
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
What are you applying for ?
Sarah_g_24
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I doubt you’re required 7A* for computer science just apply wherever you want 🤷🏼*♀️
kazzykat95
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
It's not even physically possible to study seven A Levels. The absolute limit is 5 lol
Joaquin Burgandy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by kazzykat95)
It's not even physically possible to study seven A Levels. The absolute limit is 5 lol
Personally, I disagree.

My school offers up to 6 A-Levels, of which I have taken 5 and I have received a predicted A* in all 5 of them. I think it's quite immature to assume that you can't take more than 5 A-Levels just because it may be too much workload for you. Maybe you are jealous.

Anyways, good luck Albert, I think Cambridge would be a better choice for Computer Science.
BobbJo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You are fun
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Ok
Tarquin Henry
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Dear ZombieTheWolf,

Firstly, your username shows that you are hardly intellectual enough to even comment on this student's A-Levels. You should commend him for attempting such a feat, and perhaps wish him luck for the future. However, with your vile and agressive comments I believe there is no longer a place for you on this platform, and I'm sure many others would agree with my statement.

You are what is the problem with our generation and with modern social media websites. Please leave in due course.
(Original post by ZombieTheWolf)
Dear troll,

you mustn't be so smart if you couldn't even answer my message.

Kind regards
RichPiana
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
That’s well below average for a TSR user. We all study (or have studied) 10+ A levels and are predicted (or achieved) 10 A*s.
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report 11 months ago
Lmao you're a troll. My friend did four A Levels and Cambridge asked him for A*A*A. They would not ask for seven grades 😂😂😂😂
ZombieTheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Tarquin Henry)
Dear ZombieTheWolf,

Firstly, your username shows that you are hardly intellectual enough to even comment on this student's A-Levels. You should commend him for attempting such a feat, and perhaps wish him luck for the future. However, with your vile and agressive comments I believe there is no longer a place for you on this platform, and I'm sure many others would agree with my statement.

You are what is the problem with our generation and with modern social media websites. Please leave in due course.
Dear Tar,

Please do not harass me.

many thanks
FloralHybrid
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Shoulda named yourself Albert Einstewart, you missed a good opportunity there bud
Rufus Donald
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Wow Master Stewart,
That's certainly an impressive splay of GCSEs! Personally, both of my cousins Bartholomew and Victoria did CompSci at Oxford and they found it particularly exhilarating. With your crazy qualifications, I'm sure that you would be fully capable of getting into either university! Finally, it may be concluded that Oxford is takes the superficial edge over Cambridge when discussing quality of Computer Science courses, but consider this, I would look into both courses and make an informative decision.
With the most prodigious expectations; Good luck!
shadowman10
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Tarquin Henry)
Dear ZombieTheWolf,

200000 iq intellectual strikes again
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (54)
18.31%
Labour (117)
39.66%
Liberal Democrats (61)
20.68%
Green Party (22)
7.46%
Brexit Party (8)
2.71%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.36%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.69%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)