Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello!

Just to let you know Staffordshire University offers a free service to help you finetune your personal statement.

Send us what you've got and we'll then get back to you with some personalised feedback.

https://helpinghand.staffs.ac.uk/

Good luck!

Thanks

Amy
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Staffordshire University)
Hello!

Just to let you know Staffordshire University offers a free service to help you finetune your personal statement.

Send us what you've got and we'll then get back to you with some personalised feedback.

Good luck!

Thanks

Amy
Do you mind if I ask who is actually providing the reviews? I know your website states 'application experts', but this is a little vague. Would it be students, graduates, lecturers? Will the statement be reviewed by someone in the same subject area or is it just a general review?
Staffordshire University
Rep:
?
Hi,
I'll find out for you.
Best wishes, Shaun
Staffordshire University
Rep:
?
Hi again,

The statements are reviewed by our UK Recruitment team and would take a general approach to the content rather than subject-specific.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes, Shaun
Olivia J Smith
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello!

Good luck!

Thanks

Amy
Hi Amy

I sent my PS to you on Friday last week and still haven't had a review? My PS is a bit unusual but it's for creative writing so I thought that would be welcomed not ignored
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Olivia J Smith)
Hi Amy

I sent my PS to you on Friday last week and still haven't had a review? My PS is a bit unusual but it's for creative writing so I thought that would be welcomed not ignored
Hi Olivia,

Sorry to hear you've not had any luck. We do have our own PS review service which you might like to use which does have very experienced reviewers in your subject area. We advise around 5 working days for a review (although it is usually a bit quicker).

You can find more info here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4237154
Staffordshire University
Rep:
?
Hi Amy

Hi Olivia J Smith, Sorry for the late reply. I can chase this up for you today. Please can you PM me your full name and the title of your email? I'll pop over to the team today and give them a heads-up Thank you, Harriet
Olivia J Smith
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Olivia J Smith, Sorry for the late reply. I can chase this up for you today. Please can you PM me your full name and the title of your email? I'll pop over to the team today and give them a heads-up Thank you, Harriet
It wasn'#t an email it was a personal statement in your helping hands page?
Staffordshire University
Rep:
?
It wasn'#t an email it was a personal statement in your helping hands page?
Hi Olivia J Smith, That's fine If you could PM us with your full name i'll ask them to have a look. Thanks, Harriet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (187)
43.39%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.37%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.66%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
21.11%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.67%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.8%

Watched Threads