Biomedical engineering admissions exam Watch

Thejolllyrancher
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I'm an international applicant and I have applied to imperial college to read biomedical engineering. I have passed the first stage of assessment and I was asked to write the biomedical engineering admissions exam, so I was wondering who else has done it or something similar and what to expect, what to study, and how to practice for it.
Thanks
binnnnnwlee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hi and i am applying for bme in imperial woo. but i only recevied an interview requirement. is there an admission exam?
Thejolllyrancher
Rep:
?
(Original post by binnnnnwlee)
hi and i am applying for bme in imperial tooo. but i only recevied an interview requirement. is there an admission exam?
They gave me an option to do either an in person interview or an alternative assessment. I can't attend the interviews so I asked to do the alternative assessment and so I'm doing the exam instead. I don't think it's a requirement if you can attend the in person interviews
Last edited by Thejolllyrancher; 3 months ago
Thejolllyrancher
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thejolllyrancher)
They gave me an option to do either an in person interview or an alternative assessment. I can't attend the interviews so I asked to do the alternative assessment and so I'm doing the exam instead. I don't think it's a requirement if you can attend the in person interviews
I recommend emailing them or calling just in case
binnnnnwlee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
that's fairly strange haha, well good luck! i think read those a-level textbooks would help a lot.
Thejolllyrancher
Rep:
?
(Original post by binnnnnwlee)
that's fairly strange haha, well good luck! i think read those a-level textbooks would help a lot.
Thanks! Good luck to you too!
mohdk2001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I am doing the test too!!
Probably tomorrow or the day after
Have you done any prep? If so, HOW?!
Thejolllyrancher
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I've mainly done some questions from the past MAT exams (Oxford math exams), PAT exams (the Oxford physics exam) and STEP papers. You can try googling past papers of these and you'll find a bunch along with solutions
I've also tried googling the A levels math syllabus and tricks that engineers use to solve problems.
I'm not sure if I should look up some things for biology...
Good luck !
Thejolllyrancher
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I've mainly done some questions from the past MAT exams (Oxford math exams), PAT exams (the Oxford physics exam) and STEP papers. You can try googling past papers of these and you'll find a bunch along with solutions
I've also tried googling the A levels math syllabus and tricks that engineers use to solve problems.
I'm not sure if I should look up some things for biology...
Good luck !
What have you done to prep?
mohdk2001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How did everyone find itt?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SeanlvsGloria
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by mohdk2001)
How did everyone find itt?
I would assume not everyone has done it on the same day, but I went okay, solved like 3 questions, what about you ?
Ziyi Chloe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I have encountered the very same situation here. Can I ask have you done the test? What is it about? What subject and topic should i prepare?
SeanlvsGloria
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ziyi Chloe)
Hi, I have encountered the very same situation here. Can I ask have you done the test? What is it about? What subject and topic should i prepare?
It's mainly math orientated, so revise for anything you have done for high school math
SeanlvsGloria
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm an international applicant and I have applied to imperial college to read biomedical engineering. I have passed the first stage of assessment and I was asked to write the biomedical engineering admissions exam, so I was wondering who else has done it or something similar and what to expect, what to study, and how to practice for it.
Thanks
have you heard back ever since ?
Thejolllyrancher
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SeanlvsGloria)
have you heard back ever since ?
Yeah I was rejected
dont let this scare you! I'm telling you this because it happens and it is honestly ok and no big deal (doesn't mean it will happen to you though). The thing that hindered my success the most is that the curriculum that I am following teaches much less in math and the sciences than they teach you in the UK by the time you get to the final year.
Good luck with your applications!
Ziyi Chloe
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's mainly math orientated, so revise for anything you have done for high school math
Thank you!! Is the paper hard? Is it harder than A level? Or how is it compared with oxford MAT in terms of difficulty? Oh and are there any biology questions for science? 😂 I’m kind of nervous about this since i didn’t take bio in high school.
Last edited by Ziyi Chloe; 1 month ago
SeanlvsGloria
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I was rejected
dont let this scare you! I'm telling you this because it happens and it is honestly ok and no big deal (doesn't mean it will happen to you though). The thing that hindered my success the most is that the curriculum that I am following teaches much less in math and the sciences than they teach you in the UK by the time you get to the final year.
Good luck with your applications!
I'm very sorry to hear that, from the way you talk i could tell you are a brilliant person, you deserve better. Thank you for your kind words as well!

If i may ask, when were you notified about the result? Please ignore me if you don't feel comfortable with this question.

Eitherway, i wish the very best of you! I'm sure there are better choices for you!
SeanlvsGloria
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you!! Is the paper hard? Is it harder than A level? Or how is it compared with oxford MAT in terms of difficulty? Oh and are there any biology questions for science? 😂 I’m kind of nervous about this since i didn’t take bio in high school.
I'm not sure if i'm allowed to spread the questions but i can tell you that it's quite difficult, although i don't think that means anything negative, i would recommend you to not worry too much about the questions answers but rather how you approach it, as far as i am aware of, your thoughts behind your answers are far more weighted than the actual answers you get.

Tell us how it goes, and best of luck goes to you!
SeanlvsGloria
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also, it is harder than A level. Sorry if my answer wasn't particularly helpful
Ziyi Chloe
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not sure if i'm allowed to spread the questions but i can tell you that it's quite difficult, although i don't think that means anything negative, i would recommend you to not worry too much about the questions answers but rather how you approach it, as far as i am aware of, your thoughts behind your answers are far more weighted than the actual answers you get.

Tell us how it goes, and best of luck goes to you!
Thank you so much for your kind words ;p I will tell you guys once i know the result. Thanks everyone!! All the best too!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (5)
3.7%
No (130)
96.3%

Watched Threads