ughexams123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

Currently I’ve chosen to do history, English literature and French. However, I am stuck between psychology, biology and chemistry, more leaning towards either biology or psychology. Which one should I choose? Does psychology count as a proper science or not? Would biology be a more respected choice? Please help
akpo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Psychology is normally not counted as a proper science. Biology and chemistry are both equally content heavy with chemistry being harder and biology more memory based. Psychology subjectively would appear the easiest option, but go for what you think you can excel in.
hcsmith_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Biology would be more respected as it is a 'hard' subject and a science, whereas Psychology is a soft, non-facilitating subject. However, choose whichever you think you will enjoy more if you don't enjoy it you can always swap in the first couple of weeks. People tend to look at what grade you got before the subject it was in, so make sure you take subjects you enjoy because you will be more motivated put in the work.

Edit: Forgot to mention - I do both Biology and Psychology (currently in year 12), personally I prefer Biology even though it is more challenging than Psych, but I've heard from year 13s that Psychology doesn't really get much harder, whereas the sciences do, so maybe keep that in mind?
Last edited by hcsmith_; 1 year ago
Smartin5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My friend does Bio, Chem, and Psyc, and her favourite is Biology, becuase she thinks Chemistry is fundamentally the most compicated, and Psyc is a lot of work, most of which she already knew. I do Biology too nad its my favourite subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (162)
14.52%
I'm not sure (50)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.57%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.96%
I'm not a current university student (541)
48.48%

Watched Threads