The Student Room Group

Sent a text for my bf to lecturer

Lecturer gave us all his number ages ago to send him a message in case we were going to be late for lessons or needed something and didn't have access to emails for whatever reason and I saved it to my phone. Coincidentally, my lecturer and bf have the same first name. Had a day off today and will admit I had a drink and because of this was feeling h*rny so I took an... adult picture (not nude but pretty close and meant to invoke a reaction) and sent it w an equally inappropriate message to my bf. Or I thought I did, until I got a reply "I don't think this was intended for me", which sobered me like nothing else. Scrolled through previous messages and it's the lecturer. Next class w him is Tuesday. How do I handle this?

Scroll to see replies

Transfer to another course? 😂
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Transfer to another course? 😂

please tell me it's not as bad as I think it is
Reply 3
I'm literally never drinking again.
10 rows?! 😂😂
Reply 5
Told bf and he's just sat here laughing @ me. What do i even say? "Sorry I'm a h*rny drunk idiot"?
Reply 6
Original post by HeartBlink
10 rows?! 😂😂

Row 11 is the platonic row
Hello, Just for reference I am a male.

I don’t really think transferring course or not going to his lectures is a valid option, see that’s just running away from the problem and it’s not going to solve it.

Now how to handle your situation?
There is only one approach I can think of which is : actually go to the lecture. But first I think you should send him an appropriate apology, and just tell him that you didn’t mean to send him the picture and that your boyfriend has the same first name (in other words tell him the truth) and that you would appreciate it if he didn’t tell anyone about this. Believe me these situations are not that uncommon and the teacher took it in a cool way “I don’t think this was intended for me” now others could have reacted differently like “I would like to have a chat with your parents” or come to the principals office, but instead he understood the situation meaning the best possible solution is explaining the situation and asking him to keep this between both of you.

Hope that helped and I advise you not to stress too much about it :smile:
Reply 9
ASDFGHJKL bf has promised to take my phone away next time I drink, so there's that. I'm such a lightweight it's embarrassing. Might have to say screw it and sit at the very back of the class, but he's also my tutor so I'm gonna have to have 1 on 1 time with him at some point. I really wish it was something I could just like explain away.
Equally as awkward for him as it is for you.
Original post by _gcx
Equally as awkward for him as it is for you.

I mean... not debating but it was my body in the picture/my words in the message y'know? I mean it's not the worst thing I could have sent but it's on the worse end of the spectrum.
Also context?

i mean...just click on the link I posted
Original post by Bang Outta Order
i mean...just click on the link I posted

1) OMG didn't realise it was a link asdfghjkl 2) OMFG WTF is that story
I mean... not debating but it was my body in the picture/my words in the message y'know? I mean it's not the worst thing I could have sent but it's on the worse end of the spectrum.

What exactly was the picture and was your face in it?
Original post by Apachecow
What exactly was the picture and was your face in it?

No face (not an idiot) but I'd be less embarrassed if it was just my face. It's below the neck. Me lying on my bed wearing a black lace lingerie set underneath an unbuttoned white shirt. I could plead ignorance but like he knows who sent it and he knows my number: he has all of them saved in his phone and there's previous conversations about coursework and absences.
Reply 18
We can't judge until we see the pic.

Pics or it didn't happen.
If you're not identifiable and this happened in the last couple of hours I'd text back "my friend nicked my phone and thinks he's funny, sorry about that" or similar.

Draws a line under things, adds a level of doubt it was a deliberate thing and gives you both some closure. He's not thinking if you are going to awkwardly jump him, you can laugh it off. I bet it's never mentioned.

Quick Reply

Latest