The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Okay definitely don't approach her as creepy as this post.

This sounds really harsh but reading your post it is a bit too determined.

It's important I think to talk to her normally.

Asking for her number as you say probaby wouldn't work too well and anything like that would scare me right off.

Do you have any similar interests or free time to just talk and get to know each other?

The difficult thing is if you talk to her and establish a friendship you may well end up in the friendzone so if she does break up(she may not) then you won't be a second choice, however.

If you straight up let her know you're a second option then you will probably weird her out and she will blank you.

Just please whatever you do don't break up a couple :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Elektra06

Asking for her number as you say probaby wouldn't work too well and anything like that would scare me right off.

Do you have any similar interests or free time to just talk and get to know each other?

The difficult thing is if you talk to her and establish a friendship you may well end up in the friendzone so if she does break up(she may not) then you won't be a second choice, however.

If you straight up let her know you're a second option then you will probably weird her out and she will blank you.

But that’s his intent lmao
Reply 3
Original post by patry27
But that’s his intent lmao

I know just giving an option In case he's a rare exception, I like to give chances and ramble 😂
Reply 4
I know just giving an option In case he's a rare exception, I like to give chances and ramble 😂

Been here a week and I’m sorry to say that most people like OP are selfish people with no integrity but i like that you atleast tried 😂😂
Reply 5
Original post by Unspawnedmantis
Whoever deleted this post, I am actually shocked, censorship on a student forum are you serious!?

Okay so I’ve started at a new college this year. It’s been going really well and made some good friends already. It should be noted I am 19 years old, so older than most people at the college but I fit right in to be honest. I keep seeing this girl around college and she is gorgeous. I have never spoken to her and have decided it’s time for me to figure how to make my approach. Slight problem though, I’ve seen her a couple times with this guy who I can only assume is her boyfriend. He follows her to class to say goodbye to her. So here’s the thing, whenever in my life I have wanted a girl, I have got her. I know it sounds bad but when I fall for a girl (very rare) I give it my all to make her like me and I’m a pretty good at seduction (not my opinion, what I’ve been told) and I’m all about fitness/gym so I have a top quality physique for my age. I’m going to respect her relationship, however, I’m still going to try and talk to her and make her know I’m an option. How do I go abouts introducing myself without being a complete tool? If she was single I would ask her name and if I could have her number (after flirting for a little bit) but I feel like a girl with a boyfriend can’t give a guy her number surely? I can’t ask her on a date either or should I!? Please don’t be that guy who comments ‘she has a boyfriend go get a single girl there’s plenty out there’ not going to happen pal, I’m going to approach her whether you like it or not so please assist how to do so appropriately. This is a little high school relationship where the guy is probably a needy 17 year old (looks like it) and I doubt he treats her anywhere near as well as I could. Relationships shouldn’t put girls in a position where they can’t consider other options should they arise, it’s not a legal bind. To summarise: I really like a girl who I have never spoken to before (she has a boyfriend) how do I talk to her? Thanks in advance!

If there is something missing from her relationship and you can make some kind of connection with her and offer her the stuff that is missing then you have a chance.

If she is fairly happy with her relationship then it's unlikely you can "steal" her
Don't you dare attempt to break up a couple because you have a crush on her. You say you're older than most people at the college, right? So act like it.
she has a boy. back off.

if she looks disinterested then make your move.

having top physique doesn't make you attractive and you don't know how well this boy has been treating her,
Original post by MrMusician95
Don't you dare attempt to break up a couple because you have a crush on her. You say you're older than most people at the college, right? So act like it.

damnnn. preach

Wow, really appreciate this comment. I think I come across way more aggressive than I am in my post. I think you’re right with just trying to be friends but I’m not sure how to introduce myself as just friends? Like what is the first thing you say to a really pretty girl that you don’t know who you’re simaltaneously trying to not come on too strong with. Guys always get really jealous of me when I’m friends with their girlfriend even when I don’t like them.
Original post by ignorewhatisay
she has a boy. back off.

if she looks disinterested then make your move.

having top physique doesn't make you attractive and you don't know how well this boy has been treating her,

That’s the thing, I want to allow myself the chance to find out if he is treating her right or not. How am I supposed to know? If she’s happy then I’ll leave it be, but for all I know he could be an abusive jerk
That’s the thing, I want to allow myself the chance to find out if he is treating her right or not. How am I supposed to know? If she’s happy then I’ll leave it be, but for all I know he could be an abusive jerk

isn't even your business. how do you know she will like you??

last time i checked you weren't the police, just leave them jesus
Don’t forget to call everyone 12 year old beta males 😂😂
Maybe actually just ask her if she has a boyfriend before making all these movements? If she says yes back off if not use your 'seduction skills'
You sound full of yourself.

Whatever you do, don't **** up their relationship all because you're looking for a shag.
Original post by Ash8991
You sound full of yourself.

Whatever you do, don't **** up their relationship all because you're looking for a shag.

I’m just confident mate
Original post by jriby28
Maybe actually just ask her if she has a boyfriend before making all these movements? If she says yes back off if not use your 'seduction skills'

Bruh I’m not just going to back off a girl because she has a boyfriend. So what? I’m going to show her what I got then she’s going to see I’m better than what she’s got now and go for me. Lmao
I’m just confident mate

Maybe rightfully so (Probably good looking as ****) but it won't always get you want you want in life. Some girls, perhaps a very select few, will go for personality over looks.

There was this program called "Naked Attraction" and this hot woman had to choose between someone who looked like a beta male wimp and someone who was almost a spitting image of Chris Hemsworth and had the body/height as well; she went for the ugly dude lmao, seemed like a more interesting guy to talk to.

Just introduce yourself to her and see how it goes but please don't actively try and pry them apart or exert your dominance over him, it could go either way for you (She could find you far more attractive or she could hate you forever)

You are really acting like a little child, you might be the oldest at your college but you're so immature. Leave her be. Why are you assuming her bf is abusive when you don't know him? Argh, I hope none of my girlfriend's male friends are like you. Trying to split us up. Grow up man. Find your own girl, WHO'S SINGLE. This girl is happily taken. I'm so angry with people like you. Anyway, I'm going to stop this comment before I get even more angry.
Original post by Ash8991
Maybe rightfully so (Probably good looking as ****) but it won't always get you want you want in life. Some girls, perhaps a very select few, will go for personality over looks.

There was this program called "Naked Attraction" and this hot woman had to choose between someone who looked like a beta male wimp and someone who was almost a spitting image of Chris Hemsworth and had the body/height as well; she went for the ugly dude lmao, seemed like a more interesting guy to talk to.

Just introduce yourself to her and see how it goes but please don't actively try and pry them apart or exert your dominance over him, it could go either way for you (She could find you far more attractive or she could hate you forever)

Don’t worry pal I’m not that good looking. And thanks for the advice, introducing myself just casually seems the way to go :smile:

Latest