Can someone explain religious studies gcses?

Watch
SwissChocolate
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey! My brother is thinking about taking gcse rs specification a. Can someone just explain the different papers as I know there are like a bunch of different options you can do and its very confusing.

Thanks!!
ambiplasma
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When I did mine it was the last year of the A*-U grades system so it might be different now, but we did Catholic Ethics and Mark's Gospel. Basically you got two papers, both were mostly the same, with some shorter written questions, and then a section at the back where you could choose from two questions. These two questions had four parts, each being a short essay worth 6 marks. I know for a fact that the 6 mark thing is now incorrect bc the maximum marks for a question now is 12.
LukeT333
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SwissChocolate)
Hey! My brother is thinking about taking gcse rs specification a. Can someone just explain the different papers as I know there are like a bunch of different options you can do and its very confusing.

Thanks!!
What exam board is he thinking of doing?
SwissChocolate
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by LukeT333)
What exam board is he thinking of doing?
Aqa
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Even with AQA A there are many options as to which 2 religions you study and even then there are 2 routes. He needs to ask his teacher which option he is doing.
Laurence863
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SwissChocolate)

Thanks!!
For ours you do two religions

we do Buddhism and Christianity (teachings and practises)

then we do philosophy and ethics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (175)
44.3%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
10.89%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.1%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.01%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (39)
9.87%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (23)
5.82%

Watched Threads