Help Want to go to uni, No level 3 qualifications

Watch
Lily June 18
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I turned 18 in august i have no level 3 qualifications and i feel like a faliure. I want to go to uni but i only have gcses ( 10 A*toC). Tried to get a job but i still cant. Is my ife over?I an going through i dep depression. I tried distance learning alevels but that was a flop becaise if money issues. I really wanna go uni but i dont know if they would ever allow after asting so much time.
I cant do alevels now since its late to enrol this year. Do i have any options?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lily June 18)
I turned 18 in august i have no level 3 qualifications and i feel like a faliure. I want to go to uni but i only have gcses ( 10 A*toC). Tried to get a job but i still cant. Is my ife over?I an going through i dep depression. I tried distance learning alevels but that was a flop becaise if money issues. I really wanna go uni but i dont know if they would ever allow after asting so much time.
I cant do alevels now since its late to enrol this year. Do i have any options?
You might be able to get funding for an access course and see if you re eligible for any foundation years. What is it you wanted to study?
Lily June 18
Rep:
?
I would like to do an nursing
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lily June 18)
I would like to do an nursing
A health care access course would be your best option
Lily June 18
Rep:
?
I was thinking about that But dont you think unis wont except because of my age. I would 19 and applying to go to uni at 20. Would they wonder why i didnt do alevels.
moon4
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Contact universities you are interested in that have a foundation year for nursing perhaps ?
kippyg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Check with your local hospital if they do apprenticeships as some do throughout the year. I believe you start as a hca and work your way up and dont have the added high fees of uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (72)
22.78%
Excited but a bit nervous (142)
44.94%
Not bothered either way (38)
12.03%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed