The Student Room Group

I’ve been talking to a boy online and I think I’ve fsllen for him

He randomly added me on snapchat about 3 months ago and we have spoken everyday since then. I’ve told him more than I’ve told anyone else before. I’ve just turned 18 and I’m a very private person, so I haven’t told my friends that I’m talking to someone like other people would. I’m not sure how they’ll react to me talking to someone online. He lives about 4 hours away from me and he has said that he would like to meet but I’m not sure like I would feel almost embarrassed in front of my friends meeting someone ygm? I for weeks I have felt like I shouldn’t be talking to him anymore because it’s going to far but I love talking to him. I can be myself and I get excited to hear from him. I just don’t know what to do. He knows I’m very shy about meeting and is respectful of that. I just need advice on what I should do. Should I keep talking to him?

Scroll to see replies

Keep talking to him. He might be your life partner.

And pls give me a rep!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
He randomly added me on snapchat about 3 months ago and we have spoken everyday since then. I’ve told him more than I’ve told anyone else before. I’ve just turned 18 and I’m a very private person, so I haven’t told my friends that I’m talking to someone like other people would. I’m not sure how they’ll react to me talking to someone online. He lives about 4 hours away from me and he has said that he would like to meet but I’m not sure like I would feel almost embarrassed in front of my friends meeting someone ygm? I for weeks I have felt like I shouldn’t be talking to him anymore because it’s going to far but I love talking to him. I can be myself and I get excited to hear from him. I just don’t know what to do. He knows I’m very shy about meeting and is respectful of that. I just need advice on what I should do. Should I keep talking to him?

Just tell people where you’re going with who you’re going and what you’re going to do cuz if he lives 4 hours away and he’s a stranger you gotta be careful

I'm in a very similar position. If you're both mutually into each other then try your best not to care about what others think. Keep talking to him and once you get to know him then agree to meet up to see if you're compatible irl. When you do meet, just make sure it's in a public place and a few trusted people know your whereabouts (so you'll be safe)
Reply 4
Original post by Dxr6xr6
Just tell people where you’re going with who you’re going and what you’re going to do cuz if he lives 4 hours away and he’s a stranger you gotta be careful

Yeah I get you, I’m not too worried about that though because he knows people that I know but yeah I won’t be by myself if I do meet him or we’d probably go for a drive in my car 😂
Reply 5
I'm in a very similar position. If you're both mutually into each other then try your best not to care about what others think. Keep talking to him and once you get to know him then agree to meet up to see if you're compatible irl. When you do meet, just make sure it's in a public place and a few trusted people know your whereabouts (so you'll be safe)

Other people’s thoughts about talking to someone I met online is hard to avoid, like I just feel like a sad case who can’t get someone to talk to in person so I got to turn to the internet ygm? Yeah I know he’s safe enough but I’ll deffo make sure I’m careful. Thank you
I'm glad you found someone you can talk to :smile: does he live far because how would you make that work on the future? But as people are saying please be careful. If you meet then meet in a public place etc.
Tell someone where you are going and what is happening in case something happens and meet in a PUBLIC PLACE. Then go but be careful because meeting someone in real life is different to talking online, you may change your mind about him
Reply 8

While meeting somebody online is a perfectly fine endevour it is alarming that you have allowed yourself to become emotionally attached to a person you have not yet met.

You have a car so go meet the guy today otherwise control your emotions.

“He randomly added me”

How do you know this person? Literally just someone randomly adding snapchat girls? Sounds dodgy.
Original post by FloralHybrid
“He randomly added me”

How do you know this person? Literally just someone randomly adding snapchat girls? Sounds dodgy.

Attractive girl -> added.

This is what almost all men would do, dunno how most women operate.
How do you talk? Just text chat or does he send you photos too? You need to see photos of him, and I'd also recommend video chatting before you even think about meeting up. It sounds dodgy as anything to me, to be honest, so you need to take every precaution to make sure he's legit. In this day and age I do think we can be overly paranoid because of what we see on the news etc, but if you don't already do this, have a few video chats with him. Other than anything else, you can sometimes find that you'll talk to people online via text but then when you're face to face or on the phone you struggle. Chatting to someone online is different as you have time to think of what you want to say - but being able to have a voice conversation is what shows if you really have chemistry IMO, as you can tell right away if it's comfortable conversation or not. If you do meet up, take someone with you if you can (double date maybe - like Gavin and Stacey ha) and meet in a public place, and don't go back to his place or to a hotel or anything on the first date.
did he randomly add you by accident? not to be cheesy but sounds like this was meant to happen if you get me. soulmate type thing lol
Original post by MrMusician95
I'm glad you found someone you can talk to :smile: does he live far because how would you make that work on the future? But as people are saying please be careful. If you meet then meet in a public place e

He lives about four hours away so quite far and obviously nothing’s going to come of it I don’t think but it’s just so nice taking to him. Thank you I will Ben careful
He lives about four hours away so quite far and obviously nothing’s going to come of it I don’t think but it’s just so nice taking to him. Thank you I will Ben careful

If you like him then go for it. A few hours away is not quite far. Not at all.
Original post by robotworgen77
Tell someone where you are going and what is happening in case something happens and meet in a PUBLIC PLACE. Then go but be careful because meeting someone in real life is different to talking online, you may change your mind about him

Yeah I know that I’ve Got to be careful no matter how much I feel that he’s safe, I wouldn’t go by myself

Could be child predator
Keep talking to him. He might be your life partner.

And pls give me a rep!

Lol why you begging for reps 😂
Original post by Rakas21
While meeting somebody online is a perfectly fine endevour it is alarming that you have allowed yourself to become emotionally attached to a person you have not yet met.

You have a car so go meet the guy today otherwise control your emotions.

It’s not that deep, yeah I really like talking to him but that’s all. It’s not as simple as going going to meet him today
Original post by Krisis
Attractive girl -> added.

This is what almost all men would do, dunno how most women operate.

But that’s the thing, im not attractive or the type that boy want on snapchat for looks ygm?

Quick Reply

Latest