morgan424
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i know that there’s a couple of months left till the next round of cyber discovery opens, however, i’ve finished cyberstart assess and was wondering if anyone knows of any good resources which i can use? since i’d really like to strengthen my knowledge in the time i have.
cyber security really interests me but my knowledge about it isn’t too big at the moment , so links to good resources are appreciated! thank you~
morgan424
Rep:
?
——-
morgan424
Rep:
?
thank you for the reply!
ahh yeah, i know it’s quite general, mainly ethical hacking and such i guess?
i was just wondering what exactly cyberstart game entails and how to prepare for it, since i’d like to try and get as far as possible with it,once it opens
ether0808
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There is not much you can do to prepare (I did it last year) but there is a field manual (in game) which basically explains things to you and helps you as you go along.
morgan424
Rep:
?
(Original post by ether0808)
There is not much you can do to prepare (I did it last year) but there is a field manual (in game) which basically explains things to you and helps you as you go along.
ahh okay, thank you !!
ether0808
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your welcome. I guess you can research a bit into linux but the field manual basically describes it well so you would rather not waste your time. Also as a tip, use cyberchef!
morgan424
Rep:
?
Your welcome. I guess you can research a bit into linux but the field manual basically describes it well so you would rather not waste your time. Also as a tip, use cyberchef!
alright then + thank you for the tip!
Suyash927
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey! I've finished all the 14 challenges in the first stage but apparently there is a 15th challenge as well somewhere hidden but I have no idea how to access it.. Do any of you? Thank you!
ether0808
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi I'm pretty sure there isn't. Cause on the scoring page when you login it says 14 out 14 complete so there cannot be a 15th
Suyash927
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi I'm pretty sure there isn't. Cause on the scoring page when you login it says 14 out 14 complete so there cannot be a 15th
Yh ik but when I posted a tweet to cyber discovery, they were like maaayyybeee..? so yh thats why and some of my friends told me there was a 15th as well, idk if they were trolling but yh

Tweet: https://twitter.com/Suyash927/status...35732647800832
HanimalGurl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Suyash927)
Yh ik but when I posted a tweet to cyber discovery, they were like maaayyybeee..? so yh thats why and some of my friends told me there was a 15th as well, idk if they were trolling but yh

Tweet: https://twitter.com/Suyash927/status...35732647800832
Lol its a troll
HanimalGurl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You will also need wireshark for cyber forensics and VM (VMware or virtual box) for the HQ
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed