Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mellownite)
    I was just rejected by Churchill before an interview and I'm really sad.I had applied for computer science 75% and there were no exams that needed to be sat or work that needed to be sent off. So they based theirdecision entirely on my predicted grades, personal statement and teacher references. I was predicted a Distinction* in IT, A* in maths, A in physics and A in AS further maths. So I think that either they didn't like that I was taking further maths as an As only or they didn't like something on my personal statement. Either way I'm really disappointed in myself.I had tried my hardest but it wasn't enough. Fortunately, I have offers from both Bristol and Bath and I'm waiting on Warwick but Cambridge had been my top choice. I'm writing this without having told anyone about the decision and I'm dreading having to tell my family that I've been rejected. In the email they sent they said that they send out invites to the top 2/3 of applicants or top 3/4 of applicants and that makes me even more upset since obviously I wasn't strong enough to even be in the top 2/3. I'm hoping warwick will bring better news but I'm going to be down for a while and surrounded by people who had high hopes for me. More than anything, I think I'm most affected by the fact that a lot of people strongly believed in me and that I've let them all down before I even got an interview...
    Be proud of yourself. You should never regret about your application. If Cambridge doesn't take you in, it just means you belong to somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected yesterday by King's for ASNC. I checked Track today and it still shows that Cam is still considering my application but there's no mention of pooling in the email sent from King's :/

In any case I have offers from UCL and KCL already so there's nothing much for me to worry about

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get rejected from Cambridge Selwyn as I completely messed up on my Bmat exam , got 4.9 , 4.9 and 2A .
    Tbf I regretted applying there even before getting my BMAT results back , I wish I had applied to Cardiff instead !!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by imayooshi)
    Got rejected yesterday by King's for ASNC. I checked Track today and it still shows that Cam is still considering my application but there's no mention of pooling in the email sent from King's :/

In any case I have offers from UCL and KCL already so there's nothing much for me to worry about
    It will take a while for Track to update - and unfortunately pooling isn't an option at this stage. You can only be pooled after having an interview.

ReputationRep:
    After being rejected, I am extremely curious about the feedback. When I applied to Cambridge, not everyone supported me. I think that's why I am a bit angry about the rejection.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got reject from Homerton?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostintwilight)
    Has anyone got reject from Homerton?
    Still waiting for good news

ReputationRep:
    They said that they would post their rejection on UCAS by the end of the week, yet here we are Sunday night and nothing yet

EDIT: Got it today morning

ReputationRep:
    Selwyn NatSci reject here...it hurts really bad. With 45 predicted (IB) and a PS i've been working on for months,i just don't get it. Yes my NSAA wasn't the best but I thought i could make it up with a good interview since I'm better at talking. Now they don't even give me the chance to prove myself. I just wanted to get to the interview stage, and from then feel free to reject me. But like this, it's just so embarrassing, and i can't even feel sorry for myself because all i feel is shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowershoob)
    Selwyn NatSci reject here...it hurts really bad. With 45 predicted (IB) and a PS i've been working on for months,i just don't get it. Yes my NSAA wasn't the best but I thought i could make it up with a good interview since I'm better at talking. Now they don't even give me the chance to prove myself. I just wanted to get to the interview stage, and from then feel free to reject me. But like this, it's just so embarrassing, and i can't even feel sorry for myself because all i feel is shame.
    Someone predicted grades that high with a probably amazing personal statement shouldn't feel shame, it just means Cambridge was never meant for you because you were meant for a different top uni. Seems like their loss imo

ReputationRep:
    I just joined this website just for this thread because I'm desperate to talk to people who can relate to the pain lol I study maths, further maths, physics and chem. Anyway, I was rejected last week from Jesus to read physical nat sci. The reason is obvious - my utter failure in the entrance test. The rest of my application is strong - I got 12 A*s at GCSE and I was predicted A*A*AA (I didn't do any AS exams). I have had offers from Edinburgh for physics and UCL for nat sci, which shows that my application and personal statement are good enough. And after the test I could feel I had done crap, but I didn't think it could be this bad so I'm really distraught right now that I didn't even get a chance to prove myself. I know for sure I could've done infinitely better as my school gave us a mock entrance exam and I scored about 10% above the average without much work, and since then I had done a lot more work for it, so I expected to at least do the same. But yeah, it was a total blowout - section 1 was harder than all the other past papers (that's how I felt anyway) which threw me for the rest of the paper and I completely fell apart and panicked.

Cambridge is my dream for many reasons which I won't bother going into but trust me when I say I have considered alternatives but Cambridge is really where I want to be and I know I can be happy there, pressure and all, so I definitely want to reapply next year. I guess this rejection doesn't prove I'm not right for the university like it would suggest had I been rejected post-interview, it's literally me being dumb and messing up my biggest test since GCSEs because I panicked and I don't know which rejection would hurt more tbh.

Does anyone have any advice or anything? If I got 3 or 4 A*s do you think it would be worth my time to reapply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowershoob)
    I completely relate to how you're feeling (I'm also nat sci) - I also feel embarrassed because everyone around me at school is getting interviews and having interview preparation and I feel useless. I also was desperate for the chance to prove myself after my awful test. Do you have any idea what sort of pass mark the NSAA might have had? Also do you think you will reapply next year?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected on 22/11 for history and Pembroke. I’m a so sad but I’m trying to just prove Cambridge wrong
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sasha811942)
    I completely relate to how you're feeling (I'm also nat sci) - I also feel embarrassed because everyone around me at school is getting interviews and having interview preparation and I feel useless. I also was desperate for the chance to prove myself after my awful test. Do you have any idea what sort of pass mark the NSAA might have had? Also do you think you will reapply next year?
    I don't think there is a pass rate, 50% is usually the average. They might have gotten more confident in using the admission test than the years before because I guess now they start to see the correlation between performance at the NSAA and performance at Cambridge. But that's just speculation.
    No way I'm reapplying, I've repeated a year in high school already, so I feel old (will be starting uni at 19). Plus, I don't think I could take another year of self-doubt, insecurity and mental breakdowns. I might try for masters. For now, my goal is St Andrews.
    Best of luck to you in your recovery, because it's really what this is. I went from crying 4 hours in my bedroom to laughing about it in just a few days. It might seem impossible to get over it, but guess what, it's one of the many rejections we'll get in life. But all of us are so talented, hard working and simply amazing to have gone through all of this, I'm sure we'll do fine. I wish anyone going through this lots of strength.

:flower2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sasha811942)
    I just joined this website just for this thread because I'm desperate to talk to people who can relate to the pain lol I study maths, further maths, physics and chem. Anyway, I was rejected last week from Jesus to read physical nat sci. The reason is obvious - my utter failure in the entrance test. The rest of my application is strong - I got 12 A*s at GCSE and I was predicted A*A*AA (I didn't do any AS exams). I have had offers from Edinburgh for physics and UCL for nat sci, which shows that my application and personal statement are good enough. And after the test I could feel I had done crap, but I didn't think it could be this bad so I'm really distraught right now that I didn't even get a chance to prove myself. I know for sure I could've done infinitely better as my school gave us a mock entrance exam and I scored about 10% above the average without much work, and since then I had done a lot more work for it, so I expected to at least do the same. But yeah, it was a total blowout - section 1 was harder than all the other past papers (that's how I felt anyway) which threw me for the rest of the paper and I completely fell apart and panicked.

Cambridge is my dream for many reasons which I won't bother going into but trust me when I say I have considered alternatives but Cambridge is really where I want to be and I know I can be happy there, pressure and all, so I definitely want to reapply next year. I guess this rejection doesn't prove I'm not right for the university like it would suggest had I been rejected post-interview, it's literally me being dumb and messing up my biggest test since GCSEs because I panicked and I don't know which rejection would hurt more tbh.

Does anyone have any advice or anything? If I got 3 or 4 A*s do you think it would be worth my time to reapply?
    Wow it's like someone else is reading out what happened to me, I too was rejected prior to interview for physical Natsci, at Fitzwilliam, we take the exact same subjects and have almost the exact same predicted grades (A*A*A*A)! I know myself that it was the admissions test that let me down, the timing were so tight and although I know I can do the questions, under the pressure I fell apart (I started laughing to myself in delirium halfway through :P)

Although going to Cambridge has been my life long goal and my main source of motivation to push myself in my studies, unlike you I won't be waiting a year to re-apply. I don't think it's personally worth grinding through another year of studies just to have that specific name on my certificate, when the course is standardized across all reputable unis I can't justify it, I think I'm going to accept an undergrad degree at UCL for Natsci and then look into doing my postgrad somewhere else like Imperial, Oxford or Cambridge.

But best of luck to you if you do decide to reapply. I hope the best for you and remember, you're not alone

ReputationRep:
    Very quiet
    Going to be very busy in January...

ReputationRep:
    Just saving my spot for the 14th 🙃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dennm078)
    Just saving my spot for the 14th 🙃
    pfff same tbh

ReputationRep:
    Rejected by Corups Christi for economics. Predicted A*A*AA with an additional A in EPQ (achieved after application).
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Save a spot for me too T_T
    Doesn't feel any better if I'm rejected a second time :|

CompSciCatdkurganov

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.