The Student Room Group

My experiences as a 4'10 (148cm) guy at uni

Just for info, I'm not a dwarf, I'm not still growing, and I'm white.

I was really worried going to uni because I thought that having to live with taller people would make fun of me. It is partially true though.

I can't reach the top or middle shelf of my draw, so I always have to ask the people around to get it which is humiliating normally and always gets a laugh. Everyone has asked me how tall i am at some point and constantly get looks around campus. The one night I went clubbing was bad as it was full of people who just wanted to tske photos with me etc so I haven't gone since.

The people in my hall are pretty tall and I'm by far the shortest there, so i always feel like Th d odd one out.

Any advice on dealing with this stuff?
Reply 1
Well you can’t help, it’s ur height. If they take the piss then that’s on them and it shows that they’re insecure anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by BenHigham2000
Just for info, I'm not a dwarf, I'm not still growing, and I'm white.

I was really worried going to uni because I thought that having to live with taller people would make fun of me. It is partially true though.

I can't reach the top or middle shelf of my draw, so I always have to ask the people around to get it which is humiliating normally and always gets a laugh. Everyone has asked me how tall i am at some point and constantly get looks around campus. The one night I went clubbing was bad as it was full of people who just wanted to tske photos with me etc so I haven't gone since.

The people in my hall are pretty tall and I'm by far the shortest there, so i always feel like Th d odd one out.

Any advice on dealing with this stuff?

You'll get some people here who will say stuff like "height doesn't matter .. look at [Insert short famous multimillion celebrity here]", but the unfortunate reality it is, that it does matter.

I have no idea about to cope/deal with this , however I wish you good luck
It is what it is, you can't really help it. One of my friend is around that height too (we're in year 13) and he's always been one of the most cheerful person I've ever known. I don't know what will happen when he's at uni but I would hope he stays the same.
Do they ever call you names?
I was worried about this, once.

Until i got ploughed under with work college and other commitments.

And realised i had a LIFE!!! Who'd thought it!!

Now i suggest you go and get a life and stop worrying about something you can't change.. :wink:
Reply 6
Everyone has something they dont like. I can relate in a way being 5 ft 7 which might be deemed small but I've never even thought about it or been bothered until you wrote this
You could buy stilts, that would make you look taller

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending