The Student Room Group

How to get curly hair back?

I used to have 3b/3c curly hair when I was younger, and I got this from my Irish grandmother,but it skipped a generation even though my mother still took very good care of it. However, when I was about 10 years old I began to straighten it- and did it almost everyday FOR FIVE YEARS. If you look at my hair it’s very healthy, but it is barely a 2b let alone a 2a. Is there any way I can bring back my curls whilst avoiding cutting my hair?
Get a curler
Reply 2
Yes because that’s natural and healthy.
Just stop straightening it, your natural curls will grow back through eventually.
Reply 4
Whats your problem tho
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Apparently it’s a thing where your hair follicles just change the texture by its self. And I can’t decide if that happened to me or not since I fried my hair.
Don't straighten your hair anymore, also use products which don't contain sulfates or anything - try shea moisture products or palmers coconut products as they do not contain any harmful ingredients. It will take time to get it back to normal and at some point you will have to cut your hair due to the difference in regrowth

Quick Reply

Latest