The Student Room Group

UCAS error

I have applied for Medicine for 2019 entry, and I am in year 13. I have taken A-Level Arabic in year 12 ( summer 2018) a year earlier than the rest of my A-Levels. I took both the AS and A2 modules for A-Level Arabic, where I achieved a grade A in AS and B in A2 module, so overall receiving an A grade. My referee put my predicted grade, as an A*, as I am resitting the A2 module.

On my UCAS application, I have put down that I received an A grade in the AS, with pending on the A2 module and therefore pending on the overall A-Level Arabic grade. I did not know that I had to enter the whole A-Level grade and the A2 module I received, with a new qualification stating my pending resit.
I do not know if this will affect my university application, as I have received interviews for Medicine. can you advise me on what to do?
Original post by ejam123456789
I have applied for Medicine for 2019 entry, and I am in year 13. I have taken A-Level Arabic in year 12 ( summer 2018) a year earlier than the rest of my A-Levels. I took both the AS and A2 modules for A-Level Arabic, where I achieved a grade A in AS and B in A2 module, so overall receiving an A grade. My referee put my predicted grade, as an A*, as I am resitting the A2 module.

On my UCAS application, I have put down that I received an A grade in the AS, with pending on the A2 module and therefore pending on the overall A-Level Arabic grade. I did not know that I had to enter the whole A-Level grade and the A2 module I received, with a new qualification stating my pending resit.
I do not know if this will affect my university application, as I have received interviews for Medicine. can you advise me on what to do?

When you submit your application, you make a declaration that all of the information is accurate and true. If this is not the case, you could potentially have offers withdrawn. It is unlikely that this would be the case, however it is important that you take action to rectify this.

You need to email each university clearly explaining the mistake and what the correct qualifications should be. You should also apologise for the inconvenience you may have caused them. Check to make sure that this email has been received and that there are no issues with your interview.
Original post by Charlotte's Web
When you submit your application, you make a declaration that all of the information is accurate and true. If this is not the case, you could potentially have offers withdrawn. It is unlikely that this would be the case, however it is important that you take action to rectify this.

You need to email each university clearly explaining the mistake and what the correct qualifications should be. You should also apologise for the inconvenience you may have caused them. Check to make sure that this email has been received and that there are no issues with your interview.

All of the info is accurate, it’s just that I’ve forgotten/ didn’t know I need to put my A-Level Arabic at grade A achieved, but I put it down as pending as I’m resitting it this year
All of the info is accurate, it’s just that I’ve forgotten/ didn’t know I need to put my A-Level Arabic at grade A achieved, but I put it down as pending as I’m resitting it this year

I understand that, but what you are saying does mean that the information you have provided regarding your qualifications is not accurate. If it was, there would be nothing to change. Whether it was intentional or you forgot or had no idea doesn't change the fact that you need to correct this.
Original post by Charlotte's Web
I understand that, but what you are saying does mean that the information you have provided regarding your qualifications is not accurate. If it was, there would be nothing to change. Whether it was intentional or you forgot or had no idea doesn't change the fact that you need to correct this.

So what exactly do I need to do?
Do I email UCAS or do I email unis or do I call up unis ?
So what exactly do I need to do?
Do I email UCAS or do I email unis or do I call up unis ?

Email [email protected] with the details of the missing result.

When they confirm that it has been added to your application email each of your universities to notify them of the mistake
Original post by PQ
Email [email protected] with the details of the missing result.

When they confirm that it has been added to your application email each of your universities to notify them of the mistake

Will this affect my UCAS application? I’ve already got interviews from uni
Will this affect my UCAS application? I’ve already got interviews from uni

If it’s spotted that you withheld information from your application then that will affect your application.
Original post by PQ
If it’s spotted that you withheld information from your application then that will affect your application.

Though if I email them on Monday I would avoid my application being affected right?
Original post by PQ

Though if I email them on Monday I would avoid my application being affected right?

Quick Reply

Latest