The Student Room Group

Can I study MSc Neuropsychiatry after Health and Social Care Undergarduate Degree?

Hi guys,

I am 28 years old and I am doing a complete career change. I've decided to study Bsc Health and Social Care, but I was wondering if with this degree I could take a Master in Neuropsychiatry afterwards? What are your opinions? I know that I am probably looking too far in the future, but I just want to know and have an idea. Thanks for the help.
Original post by dragx
Hi guys,

I am 28 years old and I am doing a complete career change. I've decided to study Bsc Health and Social Care, but I was wondering if with this degree I could take a Master in Neuropsychiatry afterwards? What are your opinions? I know that I am probably looking too far in the future, but I just want to know and have an idea. Thanks for the help.

from a quick look, i think you'd need something with more science or clinical content in it like a healthcare profession degree or neuroscience or perhaps psychology.
Reply 2
Hey guys thanks for the answers. I am not looking at being a psychiatrist, I just want to study more from a research point of view if i can put it that way. I was just wondering if I could get onto that kind of course with a Healthcare degree?
Original post by dragx
Hey guys thanks for the answers. I am not looking at being a psychiatrist, I just want to study more from a research point of view if i can put it that way. I was just wondering if I could get onto that kind of course with a Healthcare degree?

The best thing to do in this situation would be to contact some universities and explain your qualifications to see if they would consider you based on that particular degree.

Quick Reply

Latest