What is the truth about Admissions Assessments? Watch

Gabzinc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I'm asking now cause I'm panicking about how important the NSAA might actually be, contrary to what I thought before. I feel like before the test I kept hearing "Cambridge don't really care about the NSAA" "there isn't enough data" "focus on your interview and speaking passionately about your subject", but now it seems like the attitude has changed. (Could be confirmation bias, idk) Suddenly, interviews are given equal importance to admissions assessments and you can be rejected if you didn't perform well enough in the tests.

What's the truth? Cambridge say that the application process is 'holistic', but with no mention as to how important each part is. Is the interview more important than admissions assessments? Or does nobody actually know?
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Gabzinc)
I'm asking now cause I'm panicking about how important the NSAA might actually be, contrary to what I thought before. I feel like before the test I kept hearing "Cambridge don't really care about the NSAA" "there isn't enough data" "focus on your interview and speaking passionately about your subject", but now it seems like the attitude has changed. (Could be confirmation bias, idk) Suddenly, interviews are given equal importance to admissions assessments and you can be rejected if you didn't perform well enough in the tests.

What's the truth? Cambridge say that the application process is 'holistic', but with no mention as to how important each part is. Is the interview more important than admissions assessments? Or does nobody actually know?
Holistic means it's all taken into account and no one thing is more important than anything else. That applies to the AAs and to interview, and, yes, everything else...

A weak performance in one thing can potentially be offset by strengths elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gabzinc
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Holistic means it's all taken into account and no one thing is more important than anything else. That applies to the AAs and to interview, and, yes, everything else...

A weak performance in one thing can potentially be offset by strengths elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, I see. So since I felt the NSAA went badly I should start preparing for interview then. (If I'm invited)
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Gabzinc)
Ah, I see. So since I felt the NSAA went badly I should start preparing for interview then. (If I'm invited)
Good luck and yeah what Doonesbury said is right.
Gabzinc
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Good luck and yeah what Doonesbury said is right.
Thanks Coffee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (75)
23.73%
No (241)
76.27%

Watched Threads