M512 – Draft Withdrawal Treaty Motion 2018 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
As two motions proposing polar opposite courses of action have been proposed, the House will debate them together. As it was submitted first, it is M512 that will be voted upon if a vote is called (by either proposer), with M512a being adopted by default if this vote fails.

M512 – Draft Withdrawal Treaty Motion 2018, Rakas21 MP
This House believes that parliament should hereby evaluate and approve the passage of the Draft Withdrawal Agreement.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/site...greement_0.pdf

M512a – EU Withdrawal Agreement Motion 2018, Jammy Duel MP
This House believes that the EU Withdrawal Agreement should be rejected.

The Withdrawal agreement represents the worst of both worlds. It keeps us within the worst parts of the EU on an indefinite basis, given there is no ability to unilaterally withdraw within the agreement, while giving no representation on the creation of the many absurd new regulations we will be bound by. This agreement honours the EU referendum result in name only and while there are a few benefits over a no deal brexit in the agreement these are far outweighed by the numerous betrayals.

Draft agreement: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/file...vember-2018_en
Advertisement
JMR2019.
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Aye to Motion M512a
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
There is one very simple reason why the deal should not be accepted:the inability to unilaterally withdraw from the EU functions that we are de facto bound to by this proposal.
Advertisement
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
*Since i was going to recommend that people vote against my motion (it was purely framed to generate debate) i am happy to withdraw my motion.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rakas21)
*Since i was going to recommend that people vote against my motion (it was purely framed to generate debate) i am happy to withdraw my motion.
In which case the most sensible course of action may be that I withdraw it tomorrow and re-post M512a as M513.
Advertisement
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
This motion has been withdrawn.

M512a lives on here however as M513.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads