No ambition for life. Don't know what I want my future to be. Any advice? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I'm in Year 11 now but I already decided in Year 7 that if I'm still unhappy with life and still don't know what to do with it I might as well end it and pray that I go to heaven. If I don't welp there's that.

I'm clueless,dumb, anti-social, socially awkward etc. I have mocks in a week's time but still have no motivation to do well or any A Level that I'm really interested to do. My friends and classmates have already revised and already have goals for the future.

I have nothing.
I need help please.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm in Year 11 now but I already decided in Year 7 that if I'm still unhappy with life and still don't know what to do with it I might as well end it and pray that I go to heaven. If I don't welp there's that.

I'm clueless,dumb, anti-social, socially awkward etc. I have mocks in a week's time but still have no motivation to do well or any A Level that I'm really interested to do. My friends and classmates have already revised and already have goals for the future.

I have nothing.
I need help please.
It's okay to not know what you want to do when you're 15 or 16. You're pressured to know so young when you really don't need to. Just focus on doing subjects you enjoy and like learning about, and eventually a career or job will sound good to you. Please don't put so much pressure on yourself to be like everyone else because you're not - you're you.
Jackudy3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Name:  mcdonalds-job-application-form.png
Views: 44
Size:  103.6 KB
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
It's okay to not know what you want to do when you're 15 or 16. You're pressured to know so young when you really don't need to. Just focus on doing subjects you enjoy and like learning about, and eventually a career or job will sound good to you. Please don't put so much pressure on yourself to be like everyone else because you're not - you're you.
Thank you for your response. I don't have any subjects that I enjoy. I'm slowly starting to dislike German (only subject I used to enjoy). I'm lost.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jackudy3)
Name:  mcdonalds-job-application-form.png
Size:  103.6 KB
You did make me giggle so thank you 😂
Jackudy3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You did make me giggle so thank you 😂
Good sport :thumbsup:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ltsmith)
study, get straight As.
go gym, get ripped
but you won't do either of the above if you don't have a vision. figure out what you want, then go get it.
How should I go about figuring out what I want? I did want straight As but I realised that I'm too stupid and lazy to get it.
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
What do you want to do in life? Don't you want to achieve things, have nice things? Perhaps travel, have kids one day?

You're still very young so you are finding yourself. As another user stated, don't be pressured into doing something just because others are doing it, take your time.
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
What about if youre 26?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Analyst89)
What do you want to do in life? Don't you want to achieve things, have nice things? Perhaps travel, have kids one day?

You're still very young so you are finding yourself. As another user stated, don't be pressured into doing something just because others are doing it, take your time.
Thanks for responding. I don't know what I want to do in life. Maybe just be rich and have a nice husband? Or get straight As but still it's doesn't feel possible.

But I still have to choose options for A Levels that could help for University which could lead to how my life will turn up.
Anonymous #1
you certainly won't get them with a loser/cannot-do mentality. if you treat school and studying like a 9-5 job you will get them. 5hrs of lessons from 9-3 means you have to do 3hrs study at home. 2hrs of lessons means u do 6hrs study. get the idea? if you really wanna kill it, treat it like a 9-7.
Sorry for my stupid question but how would 9-7 look like please? Also it's too late for me to try get straight As in my Mocks as they are in a week's time. It doesn't seem possible plus when it comes to revision anyway I get confused and distracted with what I have to revise first.
Anonymous #1
you certainly won't get them with a loser/cannot-do mentality. if you treat school and studying like a 9-5 job you will get them. 5hrs of lessons from 9-3 means you have to do 3hrs study at home. 2hrs of lessons means u do 6hrs study. get the idea? if you really wanna kill it, treat it like a 9-7.
Also how should I improve my mentality please? My horrible grades and insults thrown at me make things worse. My friends studying and overall being 10x smarter than me makes things worse. Watching studytubers revise and get straight A*s don't help at all.
I admit that I have an inferiority complex.
Anonymous #3
Report 10 months ago
Thanks for responding. I don't know what I want to do in life. Maybe just be rich and have a nice husband? Or get straight As but still it's doesn't feel possible.

But I still have to choose options for A Levels that could help for University which could lead to how my life will turn up.
Don't worry about it too much. You'll figure out what you want to do eventually and even if you make some mistakes (choosing the wrong A levels for example) you can still make things work out. I had no idea what I wanted to do in year 11, failed most of my exams (I even failed some of them on purpose), and chose to go to a college instead of doing A levels. Now I'm studying 3 A levels at home while going to college.
Kiritsugu
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

I have nothing.
I need help please.
You have got everything backwards!

Your life does not revolve around getting "straight As" in this education, yet flawed, system.

What you need to realise and act upon are two simple matters:
- It is NOT about getting straight As. What you need to do is develop your mindset towards learning. Investing in yourself, because it is what truly matters.
- There are families and friends who are selfishly and cruelly left behind, who may NEVER--EVER--recover, from suicide victims. You have so much potential that you can contribute to the world - and you should because people need your help.

You need to surround yourself with positive thoughts and positive people. Make sure you get sleep - there're multiple studies indicating the terrible effects from a lack of sleep.

Here, look at what Elon Musk (the man who sent a car on a rocket to space), Jordan Peterson ("The Father", and Tim Han (who went from nothing to someting) have to say:
- Elon Musk
- Jordan Peterson
- Tim Han

Man, you have to reach the truth. Dig, keep advancing forward and never stop believing in yourself.

Good luck, my friend!

Name:  Vash-The-Stampede-Quotes.jpg
Size:  30.2 KB
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Wait... your vocation will come
LouiseMay94
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It's hard to motivate yourself without an end goal.. I was in the same boat last year... I still don't know if I am happy where I am but I tried a course that seemed good on paper and it will do! A career is not your life purpose it's just for money at the end of the day. You could get a casual job that gets you by? You'll never get anywhere by putting yourself down though, nobody is clueless, I believe in you even if you can't believe in yourself right now..
username3934898
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
i'd recommend seeing someone and working on your low self esteem

join some clubs at school/outside of school. learn to play an instrument. watch motivational videos. when you try out different skills you learn which ones work for you. plan to get a job. if you can't find out which subjects you like then figure out which ones you don't like. make a scrapbook. travel and practice mindfulness. volunteer. sign up to dofe. sign up to youth projects. find out about local events going on around you. exercise more it relieves the mind and the body. watch a new show on netflix. read more. listen to podcasts. learn self defence. join yoga. try crafting. solve puzzles. blog or vlog. write poetry. write about your experiences. collect items. learn how to code.

you have friends, don't you? plan sleepovers. watch more musicals. go to the cinema. hold a party or go to a party. make christmas cards for everyone you know.

dw about mocks... my 4s in physics left me in tears especially when teachers would say things like "i thought you were smart" and "you won't get far if you fail your gcses" etc. ended up with a 788 in triple and a 9 in english language... not tsr perfect grades but my grades were decent and i'm at sixth form now

use senece learning, gojimo and quizlet. everyday. half an hour, an hour, two hours - up to you. use it before mocks, throughout mocks and after mocks. consistency is key. get copies of the specification from your teachers. buy cgp books if you can. if not find exam questions online. see your teachers more often and annoy them until they provide enough resources to help consolidate your learning.

this summer you have so much to look forward to so it's okay. you'll have prom, yearbook and a long holiday. find work experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (60)
23.81%
No (192)
76.19%

Watched Threads