failingschoollol
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Can anyone help me me with writing essays for jekyll and hyde, and macbeth because im struggling bad please help me!!!!!!!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by failingschoollol)
Can anyone help me me with writing essays for jekyll and hyde, and macbeth because im struggling bad please help me!!!!!!!
What is it in particular you're struggling with?
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
if you tell us what you're struggling with in particular you're more likely to get better advice
failingschoollol
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
What is it in particular you're struggling with?
in general but specifically duaility, secrecy and tension
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by failingschoollol)
in general but specifically duality, secrecy and tension
Duality? The duality of Jekyll/Hyde's character?

Secrecy's a nice one for a theme. Who has knowledge in Macbeth? Banquo and Macbeth are the only ones who share the opening scene with the witches. If you argue that knowledge is power you could now make some statements about the power of certain characters on stage. Whenever you see dramatic irony on stage (where the audience knows more than a character) then you could bring in the theme of secrecy there.

With J&H the whole thing is sort of a secret that J/H is keeping (maybe including from himself :iiam: ).

Tension is not a tangible thing when it comes to literary writing. You find key stage 3 essays talking always about writers "building tension". Overused phrase and what does it actually mean?
failingschoollol
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
Duality? The duality of Jekyll/Hyde's character?

Secrecy's a nice one for a theme. Who has knowledge in Macbeth? Banquo and Macbeth are the only ones who share the opening scene with the witches. If you argue that knowledge is power you could now make some statements about the power of certain characters on stage. Whenever you see dramatic irony on stage (where the audience knows more than a character) then you could bring in the theme of secrecy there.

With J&H the whole thing is sort of a secret that J/H is keeping (maybe including from himself :iiam: ).

Tension is not a tangible thing when it comes to literary writing. You find key stage 3 essays talking always about writers "building tension". Overused phrase and what does it actually mean?
thank you so much for taking time to help me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (8)
15.69%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (11)
21.57%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (4)
7.84%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (7)
13.73%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (4)
7.84%
I think it's an unfair expectation (16)
31.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.96%

Watched Threads