username4158584
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am currently studying Maths, Economics and product design as my A level choices. I may want to swap to do Geography instead of product design. I would like to do something economics related at uni. Is it worth swapping A Level this late in the term, and how hard will it be to catch up? My school do OCR Geography, and I wandering how hard it is.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ginger0001)
I am currently studying Maths, Economics and product design as my A level choices. I may want to swap to do Geography instead of product design. I would like to do something economics related at uni. Is it worth swapping A Level this late in the term, and how hard will it be to catch up? My school do OCR Geography, and I wandering how hard it is.
Have they offered you the opportunity to swap? It may be too late.

Your third A level may not matter in which case you want the highest grade.

Time for you to do some research either into career or degree course that might interest you.
You can then check the entrance requirements of potential universities and they will indicate whether you need to change.
You have 2 months work to catch up. You should have done so sometime in January. Find out from your friends how much they have done. I think catching up is doable because a lot of subjects are self contained. You can check the spec yourself.
hipposhagger27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My mate does OCR Geography and complains how boring it is and how it's relatively difficult at the same time, but yeah as the last person said it might be too late anyway so ask your college before making any decisions
username4158584
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks. The thing I was worried about with product design is it being a ‘soft’ option. Do the universities care about it being a ‘soft’ option. I am planning on going to a good university like Durham, so would they mind if I do product design? I haven’t checked with the school about swapping, but maybe it is too late. I enjoyed geography GCSE and I got an A, but I don’t know how much different A Level is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (167)
61.4%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.04%
No- I want it (74)
27.21%
No- I don't want it (20)