Telling my boyfriend about my insecurities? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I’ve been with my boyfriend for a month now and I had always known him for a long time but there’s 1 problem .. I have a birthmark that covers my whole arm and my back , I am extremely fair and my birthday is dark brown , I’ve been called names before and constantly got bullied , people used to say I look like a cow .during summer , even on holiday in the 45 degree heat I’d wear long sleeve tops or a mini cardigan at the beach and only go into the water when no ones looking . My birthmark has made me so insecure that I have done stupid things in the past because I’m just so disgusted with it . Please do not tell me to ‘love myself’ because honestly it makes me more mad. The only thing I’m worried about is deceiving my boyfriend , I know I should just tell him but it’s so hard to just tell him I’m insecure, and my boyfriend attracts a lot of females way prettier than me , because of my arm , I’ve left all my previous relationship but this one feels so special. my birthmark is gonna ruin everything
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve been with my boyfriend for a month now and I had always known him for a long time but there’s 1 problem .. I have a birthmark that covers my whole arm and my back , I am extremely fair and my birthday is dark brown , I’ve been called names before and constantly got bullied , people used to say I look like a cow .during summer , even on holiday in the 45 degree heat I’d wear long sleeve tops or a mini cardigan at the beach and only go into the water when no ones looking . My birthmark has made me so insecure that I have done stupid things in the past because I’m just so disgusted with it . Please do not tell me to ‘love myself’ because honestly it makes me more mad. The only thing I’m worried about is deceiving my boyfriend , I know I should just tell him but it’s so hard to just tell him I’m insecure, and my boyfriend attracts a lot of females way prettier than me , because of my arm , I’ve left all my previous relationship but this one feels so special. my birthmark is gonna ruin everything
Its part of you now so you just have to accept it
If the insecurity is really troubling you, then discuss it sooner rather than later and he can make up his own mind. The advantage of sooner is that you know one way or the other assuming he is honest. If its a nay, then he wasnt the right bf for you.

The alternative is just to carry on as normal and getting to know him until it crops up or is inevitable or you feel comfy enough to tell him.

Theres no way you can guarantee the outcome, but try not to be a hostage to it. If its a nay then he simply wasnt right for you.

Insecurity and current worry v advantage of just getting to know someone. It could fizzle out anyway before it becomes relevant.
Have you thought he may already know? Not all boys will be deterred, especially if they get to know you. They might have more of an issue with your insecurity.
Last edited by 999tigger; 4 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (127)
17.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.11%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.28%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.47%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (217)
30.48%

Watched Threads