The Student Room Group

Uni of Lincoln 2019 Mental Health Nursing Applicants.

Thought I would make this thread for people who are planning on going to University of Lincoln for 2019 entry.I have just had my interview on the 14th November and Lincoln is my only choice so I am a bit nervous! Has anyone else had their interviews?:smile:xo
Hi!!

I've literally just been invited for an interview from Lincoln, I also have another interview for Buckinghamshire new university which is on the same day so i'm going to have to reschedule one of them....

I hope you're interview went well, do you have any tips?
Hi I’ve had my interview for mental health nursing at Lincoln but not heard anything yet! Has anyone else had an interview and waiting? X
Hi got my interview this week what was it like and what did it entail x
Original post by caitlinwalker97
Thought I would make this thread for people who are planning on going to University of Lincoln for 2019 entry.I have just had my interview on the 14th November and Lincoln is my only choice so I am a bit nervous! Has anyone else had their interviews?:smile:xo

Hi i’ve got my interview on the 28th but i’m really nervous have you got any tips or advice you could give to what you did for yours? i’ve been told you get put in a room with a service users and have to discuss their mental health journey? xx
Original post by Chxrliee714
Hi got my interview this week what was it like and what did it entail x

How did your interview go? have you got any tips or advice you could give me because i’m feeling so anxious about eveything! and i have no clue what to wear! i hope it all went well for you x
Hi I got a place on the course. My interview was just with an adult nursing student and a mental health nursing lecturer both really friendly. I had 6 scenario type questions like what would you do if this happened... that kind of thing. Good luck x
Original post by Siobhan1988
Hi I got a place on the course. My interview was just with an adult nursing student and a mental health nursing lecturer both really friendly. I had 6 scenario type questions like what would you do if this happened... that kind of thing. Good luck x

Ohhh, i see i’ve been told so many things i don’t know what to believe! thank you for your help and congratulations on getting a place! xx
(Original post by Megan311000)Ohhh, i see i’ve been told so many things i don’t know what to believe! thank you for your help and congratulations on getting a place! xx
I was told lots of things too so I know what you mean! Thank you hope that helps and good luck with your interview x
Hey!! I’ve applied for mental health nursing and I have an offer from all 5 off my choices now so here are some of my tips...

Advice for the interview:
- Make sure you have a couple of scenarios in your head of when you’ve been brave/ when you’ve faced a difficult situation and what you did to overcome it.
- When you’re talking about yourself (for example your work experience) make sure you always link it back to mental health nursing and why your skills will be helpful
- When they ask you a scenario don’t overthink it, it’s usually just a classic “a patient has an eating disorder and is refusing to eat, what would you do” kinda thing so it’s actually really simple. I would say that you need to make sure you mention that you’ll get help from somebody senior to you e.g a senior nurse or doctor... just so that they know you know that sometimes you need to get help.

Finally, DON’T STRESS!!! Lincoln was mr first interview ever and I was so nervous but it was the most chill environment ever, it was essentially like I was having a conversation with them.

Let me know how you get on and I hope some of that advice was helpful :smile:
Hey! thank you so much for that i feel a bit less stressed for it now! Congratulations on getting all 5 of your choices and good luck in the future! x
Hey I have an interview on the 13th Feb (Couldn't attend the earlier dates) Any other mature students?
Original post by Megan311000
Hey! thank you so much for that i feel a bit less stressed for it now! Congratulations on getting all 5 of your choices and good luck in the future! x

No worries and good luck to you :smile: x
I’m going in September to do adult nursing😆x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending