The Student Room Group

Group work - is this plagarism? What do I do?

[delete]
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
I’m pretty sure this is plagiarism. I know what you mean about feeling awkward but you have to think about yourself in this situation. It’s your grade that will be affected, I think you should sit down and explain to them as they may not even realise they can’t do what they have done. You may be helping them as well as yourself ☺️
If I were in your situation I'd get straight onto the document and transform those plagiarised 'notes' into my own words immediately.

I don't trust other people to do anything because they always do a poor job. If you want something done right, do it yourself.
Reply 3
Original post by Jackudy3
If I were in your situation I'd get straight onto the document and transform those plagiarised 'notes' into my own words immediately.

I don't trust other people to do anything because they always do a poor job. If you want something done right, do it yourself.

That's what I'm spending today doing, you can't trust anyone. I'm shocked people can get to this point with such a poor understanding of plagiarism.
Reply 4
Original post by Aimmm
I’m pretty sure this is plagiarism. I know what you mean about feeling awkward but you have to think about yourself in this situation. It’s your grade that will be affected, I think you should sit down and explain to them as they may not even realise they can’t do what they have done. You may be helping them as well as yourself ☺️

I'm going to send a message today, I just feel so uncomfortable about it as it is literally questioning someone's integrity, but if I hadn't randomly decided to look into what they had "written" I wouldn't have caught it, we would have submitted it and I dread to think of the repercussions.
Original post by xoelisee
I'm going to send a message today, I just feel so uncomfortable about it as it is literally questioning someone's integrity, but if I hadn't randomly decided to look into what they had "written" I wouldn't have caught it, we would have submitted it and I dread to think of the repercussions.

Don't feel bad for protecting your grade. Just tell them they've plagiarised whether they realised it or not and you're going to change it so it is no longer plagiarism. Say it's not personal but you just don't want to fail the project.
Reply 6
Original post by DrawTheLine
Don't feel bad for protecting your grade. Just tell them they've plagiarised whether they realised it or not and you're going to change it so it is no longer plagiarism. Say it's not personal but you just don't want to fail the project.

Thank you, that is worded perfectly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending