The Student Room Group

can i still get into a good uni with my grades?

N/A
(edited 4 years ago)
I'm not very sure what the equivalent of some of those grades are because I did the old system and A-levels but I had 1 A, 5 B's and 5 C's. They weren't the best but they did the job. I don't think a lot of unis care about gcses once you have your a-level/BTEC but just make sure you meet the minimum requirements for the course.

It also really depends on which universities you mean when you say "good" and how popular the law course is there. My course, psychology is also pretty popular and I've gotten offers from these universities before: uni of Birmingham, Loughborough university, uni of Leicester, uni of Nottingham and the university of Kent. My main advice is don't let your GCSE grades get you down, I got an unconditional from Nottingham even though I didn't meet their requirement of a B in GCSE maths. Just work hard now and show progress, build a strong personal statement and maybe try to get some work experience?
Unis don't really care about GCSEs that much, most just care about passes. You passed enough by the looks of things that it won't really matter so long as your A-level results are somewhat better.
Original post by SKay26
I'm feeling very insecure right now after completing my personal statement and am scared of getting rejected from university because law is a competitive subject :,(
My GCSES are:
6-Eng Lit
5-Eng lang
Maths-3(resitting to get 4)
business studies-C
Science-C
Additional Science- C
Geography-D
Art and design-D
IT-C
My predicted grade for my extended course is D*DD

So as you an see i'm not doing very well but is there still a chance because i'm literally starting to overthink since my GCSES aren't fantastic

Yes if you meet the entrance requirements [check]. You will need GCSE maths.
Reply 4
You most certainly can get into a University to study law however there are a few considerations you must make prior to applying. Firstly, take into account the grade requirements of the University. This will dictate your competition thus your chances of getting in. Secondly, have you done any extra reading or masterclasses around or related to Law? This will work in your favour. Finally, remember to actually be a Lawyer you do not have to start off by doing Law. You can easily do a course in another subject then partake in a 1 year transfer course to Law. From their, you follow the path to be a solicitor or barrister. I hope you have found this useful and I wish you the best in all your exams!!!
they dont look at your GCSE's dude. If your A levels are much better then your gcses do not even come into the equation.
Reply 6
Original post by SKay26
So what are the chances for the likes of UEA. Is there no hope🤕😭

It has an 80% offer rate, so yes (if you meet the minimum GCSE requirements).
https://university.which.co.uk/university-of-east-anglia-uea-e14/courses/law-llb-hons-2019-51e18c769e02

Quick Reply

Latest