The Student Room Group

I think my teacher may like me

Hi!
I’m in year 11 and I think my teacher may like me. I’m pretty sure although not totally sure.

It started months ago. I had a crush on him. I know this wasn’t really good so I tried waited for it to go away. I was also really afraid that he would find out so I tried really hard for him not to notice but it only got worse and he found out! At first, he seemed annoyed. But now he seems to like me.

I won’t go into details on why I think he does. Let’s just assume that he likes me. I have also found out that he has a girlfriend who just gave birth to their baby. I don’t think it’s planned.

My points are:
-Why would he cheat on his girlfriend, who just gave birth to a baby?
-Does he think his baby is going to have a good life if he cheats?
-If he really wants to cheat, why wouldn’t he cheat with someone who is 18 or older and not his student?
-Does he think I’m easy or something so that he thinks I will go along even if he already has a girlfriend? I mean, I think I do pretty well at school and I think I’m above average looking(not sure but think so haha!). Does he think I’m easy?
-Basically, what is he thinking? He can be fired and get into legal troubles, and in worst case may not be able to work as a teacher again. Also, what’s about the future? Does he think that a relationship between two people with a wide age gap who were once student and teacher gonna go well? What would other teachers think of him? Does he also think that I will want this kind of relationship?

Additional point(may be useful): I go to an independent school, which means they are stricter in term of students’ well-being. Also, I think students here are a bit richer than teachers haha.

Scroll to see replies

What Year 11 gets out of bed at that time on a Sunday morning to write drivel like this?
Reply 2
Ok. So again I’m not fully sure, I’m just quite sure.

So when doing activities in class(such as worksheets etc.), he always look at me most of the time. But before all of this happened, he didn’t. There are many directions to look at so why does he have to look at this direction. Also, he rarely talk to students, but when he often come and talk to me with my friends. When I talk to different groups of people, he also change.
Could you tell us reasons why you think he likes you since that's the title of the thread. Because so far I feel like you're misunderstanding something.
Reply 4
Original post by AngelStarfire
Could you tell us reasons why you think he likes you since that's the title of the thread. Because so far I feel like you're misunderstanding something.

Oh, I just explained in the post above yours:smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Ok. So again I’m not fully sure, I’m just quite sure.

So when doing activities in class(such as worksheets etc.), he always look at me most of the time. But before all of this happened, he didn’t. There are many directions to look at so why does he have to look at this direction. Also, he rarely talk to students, but when he often come and talk to me with my friends. When I talk to different groups of people, he also change.

Er I see where you're coming from but I still think that it's just a coincidence. One of my teachers talks to mainly to a specific group may be because it's easier to talk to them or that they always have something fun to contribute - it was mainly the smart people in our class.

By change what does he do?
Reply 6
I mean when I talk to other grou
Er I see where you're coming from but I still think that it's just a coincidence. One of my teachers talks to mainly to a specific group may be because it's easier to talk to them or that they always have something fun to contribute - it was mainly the smart people in our class.

By change what does he do?

I mean when I talk to other groups of people, he also stops talking to the group I talked to before, and talk to the group I’m currently talking to.
Reply 7
Sorry for the typos haha
I mean when I talk to other grou

I mean when I talk to other groups of people, he also stops talking to the group I talked to before, and talk to the group I’m currently talking to.

Oh. Now I see. Err I truly don't know what to say....Maybe there's a small small chance he may like you a little (>_< ) Just don't focus too much on it.
Reply 9
Oh. Now I see. Err I truly don't know what to say....Maybe there's a small small chance he may like you a little (>_< ) Just don't focus too much on it.

Yh, but I don’t think the chance is that small because I’m not the best student in class or smth so why would he look at me most of the time and talk to the people I’m talking to.
It's all in your head
The fact you are focussing on it is probably why.
When you fixate on the idea that someone likes you then every move they make makes it seem like they like you and you ignore all the other signs which suggest they don't
If he does anything its illegal. Find someone your own age who will love you rather than some creepy immature teacher. Its just a crush and it could have huge consequences. You're (We're) not mature enough to make these decisions yet so dont. We both know youll be happier with someone who's meant to be with you.
Stop overthinking and grow up, kid.
Reply 13
Hopefully you are trolling or have simply misjudged this situation however one of the teachers in my kid's school has recently been removed from his post for an alleged intimate relationship with a student so these things can occasionally happen...

Teachers are human. Babies are hugely stressful (wonderful but immensely stress-inducing) and cause strain sometimes on their parents' relationship. Young students can be extremely attractive/mature in their appearance and sometimes give off vibes that can seem adult in nature even when they're obviously not. That said, it would be completely impossible to offer any justification whatsoever for this teacher having any form of girlfriend/boyfriend relationship with you. Being friendly and chatty in class is OK: most teachers seem to have their favourites and find certain students more of a pleasure to teach than others, but if this ever extended to a 'relationship' then it is totally wrong and illegal. You are young and vulnerable and his code of conduct/teaching ethics means that he cannot consider progressing things at all. Teachers know this, they are trained to understand this. He knows this. He is in a position of authority and this renders a relationship completely inappropriate. Extra attention can feel very flattering so you need to stop and think carefully about things to work out the truth of the situation.

If he is just a really friendly teacher then accept it for what it is: someone who enjoys his job, thrives on teaching your class and likes you. If this is the case then you are lucky to have such a positive teacher; you maybe don't want to spoil this by allowing naive fantasising to confuse the situation.
If however he crosses a line and you ever feel uncomfortable with or threatened by this teacher's behaviour then go and see the school nurse or head of pastoral care or have an honest chat with your mum about it. Don't allow things to progress; say something to a trusted adult rather than risk 1:1 time with him away from the safety of school.
Yeah, he doesn't like you and you're twisting this in your head because you have a crush on him. He isn't looking at you as much as you think or talking to you more than other people as much as you think he is.

Don't feel bad as it's very common for students to twist things like this as it makes you feel better about yourself in a "omg my older teacher in a position of authority likes me how exciting and special" kind of way.

Focus on your studies and not on him and this crush will pass. Don't go to any extra lessons or after school clubs he is involved in. This will pass.
Hahaha you're at that age where you want a teacher to like you. I guarantee he doesn't. You won't go into detail so I'm assuming you know he doesn't. He's happy and just had a child :smile: but liking you and cheating with you are two very different things .One is harmless and one will cost him his job - and if you're under 16 will end him up in jail.
I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IF YOU READ THIS:smile:
I know that I can be making everything up, but there is also a possibility that he really likes me. So there are possibilities for both, and I’m prepared to accept the truth if these are all made up. But for this discussion, let’s focus on the possibility that he likes me.

Also, I’ve considered carefully and think that there is more than 50% that this is true. All signs that I think show that he likes me are not exaggerated(I’ve thought about this carefully).
Hi!
I’m in year 11 and I think my teacher may like me. I’m pretty sure although not totally sure.

It started months ago. I had a crush on him. I know this wasn’t really good so I tried waited for it to go away. I was also really afraid that he would find out so I tried really hard for him not to notice but it only got worse and he found out! At first, he seemed annoyed. But now he seems to like me.

I won’t go into details on why I think he does. Let’s just assume that he likes me. I have also found out that he has a girlfriend who just gave birth to their baby. I don’t think it’s planned.

My points are:
-Why would he cheat on his girlfriend, who just gave birth to a baby?
-Does he think his baby is going to have a good life if he cheats?
-If he really wants to cheat, why wouldn’t he cheat with someone who is 18 or older and not his student?
-Does he think I’m easy or something so that he thinks I will go along even if he already has a girlfriend? I mean, I think I do pretty well at school and I think I’m above average looking(not sure but think so haha!). Does he think I’m easy?
-Basically, what is he thinking? He can be fired and get into legal troubles, and in worst case may not be able to work as a teacher again. Also, what’s about the future? Does he think that a relationship between two people with a wide age gap who were once student and teacher gonna go well? What would other teachers think of him? Does he also think that I will want this kind of relationship?

Additional point(may be useful): I go to an independent school, which means they are stricter in term of students’ well-being. Also, I think students here are a bit richer than teachers haha.

You thinking too much of you, little girl. Jobs like teaching, social working, nursing, fostering...and so on..these jobs requires great deal of human relations. They are professional trained for it, it’s part their job role.

Because you haven’t seen males in your life other than those who are children like yourself and the others the ones who have no life which you approach them through the internet

You are just opening your eyes and struggling to make sense of it.
Original post by MathsLove
You thinking too much of you, little girl. Jobs like teaching, social working, nursing, fostering...and so on..these jobs requires great deal of human relations. They are professional trained for it, it’s part their job role.

Because you haven’t seen males in your life other than those who are children like yourself and the others the ones who have no life which you approach them through the internet

You are just opening your eyes and struggling to make sense of it.

Well, I’ve tried to carefully consider that he may not like me but I think it is more likely that he does.

Also, I would really appreciate if you read my post above yours:smile:
I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IF YOU READ THIS:smile:
I know that I can be making everything up, but there is also a possibility that he really likes me. So there are possibilities for both, and I’m prepared to accept the truth if these are all made up. But for this discussion, let’s focus on the possibility that he likes me.

Also, I’ve considered carefully and think that there is more than 50% that this is true. All signs that I think show that he likes me are not exaggerated(I’ve thought about this carefully).

I don't know about others but I'm not going to entertain this fantasy of yours that he likes you. We see at least one post a week from a student exactly like you being convinced their teacher likes them. When you say it isn't exaggerated that's because you've convinced yourself they are genuine so you can feel special that a teacher has feelings for you.

You have a crush so you are twisting it in your head. This will pass but you need to help yourself get over it. Nothing good will come of pursuing this dream so please help yourself and stop dwelling on this crush.

Quick Reply

Latest