IBM Apprenticeships 2019 Watch

bushra1175
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've been waiting for just about a month now and i'm starting to feel anxious D:
(Original post by ofske)
Does anyone have any idea on the maximum wait time possible after passing your AC?

I have been in touch with the recruitment team twice just to clarify I am still in the 'matching pool' which I apparently am, but am beginning to get concerned I am lost in the system so to speak.

Today marks 3 months since I had my AC and was informed I had passed! I know the matching pool can take a while to fulfill but is this long a wait normal?

Just hoping for any advice or experience anyone else has in this process? My only feedback for IBM would be to keep applicants more involved in this part of the application process as it feels somewhat helpless and unknown!
iinsomniac
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've been told that the intake this year is closing and what they will do is review whoever is in the matching pool now and see whether the roles they expect to come up next year are suitable for your skills, then they decide whether or not to keep you in the pool or not.

Does anyone know where most IBM apprentices are based?
(Original post by bushra1175)
I've been waiting for just about a month now and i'm starting to feel anxious D:
applebot
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi there, I'm also in the matching process, after going through the AC day around a month ago. From what I have seen on other threads on the apprenticeship from previous years is that it can take from 3 weeks to 5 months until you get a final interview, and this can depend on when you applied, and whether IBM managers can find a role that matches your profile in their database.

This is what I understand from reading the email after the AC, and what someone from IBM HR posted on a similar thread a couple of years ago:

(Original post by IBM UK Careers)

"Hi there all!

Thank you for your comments. We just wanted to help clarify these topics you are discussing.

After passing an Assessment Centre (AC) your CV, AC Feedback and Role/Base Location Preferences are added onto a central database within IBM, which all of our Hiring Managers (with roles all over the UK) have access to. On the database, they will review applicant details for suitability to their role(s). If and when we hear from a manager that they would like to Interview a candidate, we will be in touch to arrange this. As a result of this process, we cannot specify a timescale on this, as it differs for each candidate on a case-by-case basis but we do fully appreciate your patience throughout.

Please note, completing the Assessment Centre is not a guarantee that we have a suitable position available for you nor it is a guarantee the business will wish to proceed with your application. Additionally, it is not a guarantee that we will offer you a position unless you successfully complete a Business Interview. Please note, you need to take this final stage in the process seriously, by preparing for subsequent Interviews. "

If you're waiting on A-Level results, it may be worth waiting until they come out until following them up on your application. I have seen other applicants say that they have been notified if their application is going to be pushed to the intake the following year, hope this kinda helps
iinsomniac
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
applebot Thank you so much! I hope I get pushed for the next intake.

They’d only push your application if they think it’s worth it and you’d get offers right? Because that’s my only issue in declining my other offer from another company and waiting for IBM. Don’t want to have false hope.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
applebot
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by iinsomniac)
applebot Thank you so much! I hope I get pushed for the next intake.

They’d only push your application if they think it’s worth it and you’d get offers right? Because that’s my only issue in declining my other offer from another company and waiting for IBM. Don’t want to have false hope.
That's true, I guess if you have an offer with a deadline you're probably going to have to start to weigh up your options- it may be a good experience to build yourself up for applying to IBM later on if you decide to take the other offer. But then again if they haven't contacted you about not giving you a role, they must consider you a strong enough candidate to keep you in the matching pool!

I'm in a similar situation, so I relate a bit to the dilemma of leaping for the first offer or waiting it out ( ̄ー ̄;
HeroinAddict
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you heard back from them after your AC? I'm still in the matching pool.
Last edited by HeroinAddict; 1 week ago
applebot
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's been almost 2 months for me and I haven't had contact with IBM since my AC
HeroinAddict
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by applebot)
It's been almost 2 months for me and I haven't had contact with IBM since my AC
One month for me, I'm doing business management. You?
applebot
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by HeroinAddict)
One month for me, I'm doing business management. You?
I've applied to Digital and Technology Solutions, not too confident though
Mimi3032
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Its been a month and a half from me and I haven't heard back from IBM since the AC either but I did ask whether my applications has progressed but just been told its still in the matching pool. Starting to get a little worried now cause its nearing results day and I'm wondering whether I should just go to Uni or continue to wait with the hope that I will hear back from them soon.
applebot
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mimi3032)
Its been a month and a half from me and I haven't heard back from IBM since the AC either but I did ask whether my applications has progressed but just been told its still in the matching pool. Starting to get a little worried now cause its nearing results day and I'm wondering whether I should just go to Uni or continue to wait with the hope that I will hear back from them soon.
Yeah I'm exactly the same, I think it might be worth enquiring again once A Level results have come through
HeroinAddict
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah I'm exactly the same, I think it might be worth enquiring again once A Level results have come through
I wish they were a little more transparent with the matching pool process.
applebot
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have to agree with that, but I guess half of it is to be expected with how big of an organisation they are
hurricane27
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi guys, just wanted to let you all know that I was in the matching pool/process for an entire 12 MONTHS before I finally landed the degree apprenticeship I was after! It takes a while - there is virtually 0 communication from IBM until they have a final interview for you. (I emailed multiple times to make sure I wasn’t forgotten about lol)

Some people wait a month, some wait a year! It’s whether you can deal with the wait or whether you’d rather get on with something else!
applebot
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hurricane27)
Hi guys, just wanted to let you all know that I was in the matching pool/process for an entire 12 MONTHS before I finally landed the degree apprenticeship I was after! It takes a while - there is virtually 0 communication from IBM until they have a final interview for you. (I emailed multiple times to make sure I wasn’t forgotten about lol)

Some people wait a month, some wait a year! It’s whether you can deal with the wait or whether you’d rather get on with something else!
That's great advice actually, thanks for that!
Mimi3032
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah you’re right. I’m gonna do that. I really want this but it’s a bit hard when your just in limbo and haven’t really heard from them. And nothing is really guaranteed.
Mimi3032
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I agree. Especially when nothing is guaranteed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.32%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.42%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.16%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (183)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.63%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.17%