ofske
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HeroinAddict)
Hi everybody,
Got an email today from the good folks over at IBM. Unfortunately, I didn't make it past the matching pool. I just want to take the time and congratulate everyone who passed the pool I know that stuff is nervewracking.

If anyone's curious I did my AC in early July, and only received the result today.
I thought you stayed in the matching pool for up to a year? Or was it that you were not successful in getting to it in the first place? Bit confused and now worried, as far as I know I’ve been in it for the past 4 months and still waiting!
HeroinAddict
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ofske)
I thought you stayed in the matching pool for up to a year? Or was it that you were not successful in getting to it in the first place? Bit confused and now worried, as far as I know I’ve been in it for the past 4 months and still waiting!
I passed the assessment centre, I was informed that no suitable role was available for me.
applebot
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HeroinAddict)
Hi everybody,
Got an email today from the good folks over at IBM. Unfortunately, I didn't make it past the matching pool. I just want to take the time and congratulate everyone who passed the pool I know that stuff is nervewracking.

If anyone's curious I did my AC in early July, and only received the result today
Same here, I'm now planning on doing a shorter apprenticeship, but am hoping to try and reapply or go to uni in a couple years time. Bit of a shame but glad I tried, well done and good luck with you next steps!
ofske
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just to let everyone know - I received no such email. However I did login to my IBM job portal and see the same message. However I contacted the team and they informed me it was and was an error and I am very much still in the pool! Just a technical glitch! Anyone else had this experience?
SUPERJAM
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ofske)
Just to let everyone know - I received no such email. However I did login to my IBM job portal and see the same message. However I contacted the team and they informed me it was and was an error and I am very much still in the pool! Just a technical glitch! Anyone else had this experience?
Same thing happened to me and emailed them however they are now saying any opportunities that arise will be for 2020 hiring. So gutted cause I could’ve gone to uni now just have to play the waiting game.
Hjam20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, i know its kinda late but i just retook my october A-levels and i was thinking of maybe starting this apprenticeship with IBM. I did apply last year but i wasnt in the UK for 5 years and i am Norwegian, so they rejected me, do u reckon that they will reconsider me because of all the Brexit stuff going on plus in may 2021, that is when i will be in Uk 5 full years. Thank u in advance
bigbarnesy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Hjam20)
Hi, i know its kinda late but i just retook my october A-levels and i was thinking of maybe starting this apprenticeship with IBM. I did apply last year but i wasnt in the UK for 5 years and i am Norwegian, so they rejected me, do u reckon that they will reconsider me because of all the Brexit stuff going on plus in may 2021, that is when i will be in Uk 5 full years. Thank u in advance
If you have been in the UK for 5 years by the time you apply, you should be fine.
Bc7777
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Any news on 2021? Registered my interest in July/August and checked now and then and heard nothing... starting to think they aren't offering it this year?
EMZX
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Bc7777)
Any news on 2021? Registered my interest in July/August and checked now and then and heard nothing... starting to think they aren't offering it this year?
Same here, maybe it's just delayed? IBM Apprentices IBM UK Careers
Bc7777
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by EMZX)
Same here, maybe it's just delayed? IBM Apprentices IBM UK Careers
Incredibly glad I hadn't just been daft and missed it 🤣 I've emailed their general enquires ill try remember to update if I get any more info
EMZX
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Bc7777)
Incredibly glad I hadn't just been daft and missed it 🤣 I've emailed their general enquires ill try remember to update if I get any more info
oo cool. pls let us know!
Pranavan19
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey guys, I currently work at one of the top 4 y and seeing all these questions i have decided to make a YouTube video on all the stages of the application process and will give as many tips as possible to help you land your dream job. The video will be coming out in a few days and i will make sure to drop a link in the chat when i release it. Stress less, good luck!
Abu2020
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
When do applications open and close. I registered my interest on the IBM website but I haven't received any update or notification.

https://www.ibm.com/uk-en/employment/entrylevel/
Pranavan19
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mRIb9mN3nTo

Hey guys I’ve made this video to help you guys through the application process, check it out and ask any questions about their big 4 in the comments ill make sure to reply.
maishamss
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hi! just done with the cognitive tests. roughly how long is the wait for an interview/assessment centre/whatever's next? for reference i'm applying to the digital and tech degree apprenticeship.
ehyy4324
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by maishamss)
hi! just done with the cognitive tests. roughly how long is the wait for an interview/assessment centre/whatever's next? for reference i'm applying to the digital and tech degree apprenticeship.
what programme for
ehyy4324
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
what are the tests like
maishamss
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ehyy4324)
what programme for
as i said i applied for the digital and technology degree apprenticeship
what are the tests like
pretty straightforward - basically like phone game puzzles lol
ehyy4324
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
as i said i applied for the digital and technology degree apprenticeship

pretty straightforward - basically like phone game puzzles lol
did you have the IBM IPAT test to do aswell:

IBM Numerical series: you will be presented with a sequence of numbers or symbols and will have to identify patterns to choose the next item in the sequence
IBM Numerical reasoning test; this is made up of 20 questions and will present you with a longer problem, that will require a number of steps to arrive at the right answer
maishamss
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
did you have the IBM IPAT test to do aswell:

IBM Numerical series: you will be presented with a sequence of numbers or symbols and will have to identify patterns to choose the next item in the sequence
IBM Numerical reasoning test; this is made up of 20 questions and will present you with a longer problem, that will require a number of steps to arrive at the right answer
no they were literally games and some mental maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (649)
48.36%
No (693)
51.64%

Watched Threads