The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got it yesterday
Original post by Gigi4567
Anyone from Worcester ?

me! applying to English lit and Lang
Original post by Anelson464
me! applying to English lit and Lang

theres an english lit and lang thread if you want!
Original post by tvns
Hey, I was wondering whether all colleges send an email asking for interview availability. I'm an international applicant, and I never got one from Wadham

Not all colleges send invitations to interview at the same time. As far as I've heard, Wadham haven't sent any yet. Good luck! :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by agentofchaos
For international applicants,
How do you plan to travel to the UK for interview?
I am planning to book a flight ticket the day I receive the email from them and arrive a day before the interview date.
I see many who bought refundable tickets, is this necessary?
Also, what's your plan to get to the university? Taxi? Transit? is there any train?

I’m not an international student, I live in the UK, but the best way to get to Oxford from Heathrow or Gatwick will be by train but you may have to take multiple to get there. Taking a taxi will be ridiculously expensive, if you want a cheaper option there are plenty of coaches that you could also check out if you go on the National Express website. Hope this helps!
Original post by agentofchaos
For international applicants,
How do you plan to travel to the UK for interview?
I am planning to book a flight ticket the day I receive the email from them and arrive a day before the interview date.
I see many who have bought refundable tickets, is this necessary?
Also, what's your plan to get to the university? Taxi? Transit? is there any train connecting the heathrow airport to oxford?

Hey i’m international. my fam booked refundable tickets. i wouldn’t say it’s necessary but definitely easier.
i’d be going from heathrow to oxford by train(s)
Original post by cosmic_soph
so since law invites came a week early, is there a chance others will too?

Possible yes. Although not all colleges law offers are out yet. I’d expect your subject to be a week earlier or later than the dates you have.
Original post by rosieseymourx
Any English and MFL applicants? Not seen many about :smile:

Original post by tilfisher
theres an english lit and lang thread if you want!

yes please !
When will they send invitations for engineering ?
Original post by Mikadonuts
When will they send invitations for engineering ?

i’m not sure exactly but a lot of the courses seem to be week of nov 25 or dec 2
Original post by Geogrocks29
Im also waiting for geography but for a different college - Any idea when we'll hear back??

I think Brasenose said the first week of December?? I'm not very sure. Which college did you apply for?
Original post by annaembevan
i was getting 36% (!!) in my practise tests and same - didn’t feel the real one went much better. i’ve applied to LMH. Hopefully we’ll hear next week just so it can be over and done with - the waiting is killing me!

Yeah hopefully next week! But I'm scared that we'll have to wait till first week of December :frown: I've applied to Brasenose and I'd love love love to go there!
ooo well done to all those who got a reply!

anyone heard anything back about languages?

anyone heard anything back from Jesus College!

Ooo i’m so nervous, and impatient! 🥺
Original post by MollyYvonne
ooo well done to all those who got a reply!

anyone heard anything back about languages?

anyone heard anything back from Jesus College!

Ooo i’m so nervous, and impatient! 🥺

I applied to Jesus college too for a different course!! so so nervous
When do Engineering applicants start to hear back? I assume week beginning 25th?
Original post by KJha0221
Hey everyone! I am an international student applying from the United States of America. I am applying for the law degree at St. John's college. Today I received an interview request and I am going to fly to Oxford in December to conduct my interview in person!!! Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare? Thank you

Hey, could you please tell me what exams you did? A levels or APs? And how’d you do in them?
Original post by A.Bsmi
When do Engineering applicants start to hear back? I assume week beginning 25th?

should be week beginning 2nd I think
Hey everyone,
Here’s a list of the order that interview invites came out last year. They seem to be following a similar order this year (w Bio/Biochemistry/Law etc)- so hopefully it’ll give a better idea of when to expect invites this year too :smile:
Original post by Kaddiex
Hey everyone,
Here’s a list of the order that interview invites came out last year. They seem to be following a similar order this year (w Bio/Biochemistry/Law etc)- so hopefully it’ll give a better idea of when to expect invites this year too :smile:

oh you angel! thank you so much - super helpful :smile:
Original post by maria.rose111111
For all the people who took the MAT.
Im not sure if everyones heard so i might just say: the average mark this year was 44.1%. ONLY ONE year had an average score below that.

If you found that paper hard, thats because it was in fact hard. There is still hope.

I thought it was 44.9?

Latest

Trending

Trending