Girlfriend wants kids but I don't?

Watch
Brocolli123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I absolutely despise children and don't expect I'll ever change. I don't want to waste all my energy and time and money on a being that won't ever be worth the trouble when I can do what I want. My girlfriend has said she isn't certain as she is scared of giving birth but probably wants to have kids to show that she can be a good mother unlike hers. She has said it's not a deal breaker if we don't have them but she is a bit disappointed about it.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Brocolli123)
I absolutely despise children and don't expect I'll ever change. I don't want to waste all my energy and time and money on a being that won't ever be worth the trouble when I can do what I want. My girlfriend has said she isn't certain as she is scared of giving birth but probably wants to have kids to show that she can be a good mother unlike hers. She has said it's not a deal breaker if we don't have them but she is a bit disappointed about it.
How old are you both?
People change their minds. If she changes hers, then its likely to become a deal breaker issue and as we already know your choice, then she will realise that and act accordingly.
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's her choice to make then, it seems. She'll have to make her mind up and be pretty sure about it otherwise it'll be an unresolvable issue.
guccigang123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
dump her
xDron3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How old are you?

Both opinions might change later on in life
guccigang123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
game end her
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It definitely depends on your ages. Things may change but they also might not. You have to decide how important that factor is for you.

A lot of people will consider that difference in life direction to be a deal breaker though.
DvS1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Depends on how big a deal it is within your relationship to you both.
If my bf didn’t want kids, I’d be really sad and would forever hope I could change his mind.
But saying that, it would probably be a dealbreaker for me actually. I’m always talking about how I want kids and what I want my life to be like as a wife and mother. This is something very important to me.
However, you said your gf isn’t sure so I would say just see how things go. Either of you could change your minds and if you’re both young then you should both keep an open mind to both ideas if you’re really unsure.
CASIOfx-85GT
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Isn’t this the same gf that doesn’t let you ****?
wrinkly minge
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you don't want to share your sperm. I'll shag her for you. And she can have my kids instead.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
If her mum wasn't good then that's the mum's problem not your gf's. She doesn't need to prove she can be a good mum.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (135)
28.6%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.7%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (136)
28.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise