Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

For those of you who have applied for masters/postgraduate courses, how long did it take for you to get an offer?

I have applied for Queens University Belfast and I read somewhere that they only take a couple of weeks at the latest which is much different than undergraduate courses
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by maddiesmith)
    Hey guys

For those of you who have applied for masters/postgraduate courses, how long did it take for you to get an offer?

I have applied for Queens University Belfast and I read somewhere that they only take a couple of weeks at the latest which is much different than undergraduate courses
    That's pretty standard. I applied and got an offer the next working day. There's a lot less admin needed for postgraduate applications and the combination of smaller class sizes and applications being spread across a longer period helps keep things really manageable for admissions staff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte's Web)
    That's pretty standard. I applied and got an offer the next working day. There's a lot less admin needed for postgraduate applications and the combination of smaller class sizes and applications being spread across a longer period helps keep things really manageable for admissions staff.
    That's great, congrats! Where did you apply to and what for? I'm still waiting, impatiently lol

ReputationRep:
    I applied to both Stirling and MMU; Stirling were a lot quicker than MMU who have yet to officially get back to me! Stirling replied with my offer within less than a week- it was conditional with the only condition being my reference. Once the references were sent in the offer was changed to unconditional the next day. MMU stated they needed the references before they could process and send my offer; references acknowledged but still no offer!

Point is moot though as I accepted Stirling's offer.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Hey! congrats for your offer!
    Do you have any idea which are the steps once you accept an unconditional offer? I accepted an unconditional offer, and the course starts in Sept 2019. When I have to pay my fee?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for MSc in Bioarchaeology at York on the 5th of December and I'm waiting for my response - I'll let you know how long it takes!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey guys

Masters should have a different timeline. At Cranfield University it should be within a week or two after the application is assessed or an interview is done. Then it could be a conditional or unconditional offer depending on the documents and other conditions to fulfill.

For a PhD application, you will probably know if you have an offer or not after an interview -which you will definitely have.

I presume this is the same in most Unis ?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying guys, I actually received my offer a few days after this post!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thanks for replying guys, I actually received my offer a few days after this post!

That is great.
    All the best with your studies!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.