When was the last time you read a book? Watch

AM_TSR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
How often do you read? What was the last book you read?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by AM_TSR; 2 months ago
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
1 every 2 weeks if i can
sinfonietta
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I've read over 60 books this year. The most recent was The Madonna of Bolton by Matt Cain.
sknudson
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I've only read two novels cover to cover in my entire life: Hulk Hogan's WWE autobiography and one of the Animorphs books. Sitting still and getting involved in reading requires a patience and discipline I just don't have.
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by sknudson)
I've only read two novels cover to cover in my entire life: Hulk Hogan's WWE autobiography and one of the Animorphs books. Sitting still and getting involved in reading requires a patience and discipline I just don't have.
Autiobiographies aren't novels :fyi:

I'm reading all the time, I don't think there's been any time since my childhood when I've not had something on the go.
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Last night. I read every day, preferably before bed
username121212
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I used to read like a madman but recently due to a variety of personal reasons I have stopped doing it regularly, the last book I read was "Perfume: The Story of a Murderer" back in September, beautiful book I definitely reccomend it.
sknudson
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Tootles)
Autiobiographies aren't novels :fyi:
Damn it, and I just corrected myself to say novel instead of book in the first instance. Not my finest posting moment.
Tootles
Report 2 months ago
Damn it, and I just corrected myself to say novel instead of book in the first instance. Not my finest posting moment.
Novels are fiction.

Good grief, I've written four times as many books as you've read. That's sad.
Lady Jamie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
For pleasure and recreational purposes = 3 months ago.

To pass = 10min ago.
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
A while ago, i sacrifice the time i would spend reading for doing drawing and practising art, which is just as a valuable use of time
Assembly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Really been enjoying Brandon Sanderson's fantasy novels recently, read the Mistborn Trilogy and all of the current Stormlight novels this year, which is quite a lot for me since I don't read often. Been delving into some philosophy on the side, about to delve into some of J.S Mill's essays when i've some free time from A levels. I'm interested to know what others have been reading, any suggestions?
patry27
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I actually don’t remember
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
2017, night before GCSE English exam
LiyoS
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
worrying how many people seem to be so proud of general ignorance. Aside from all the good educational benefits reading can have, it is tremendous for lowering stress and anxiety levels, and increasing empathy.
Svesh
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
proper story book 2 years ago cherub

regular books probably a couple of weeks ago
patry27
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by LiyoS)
worrying how many people seem to be so proud of general ignorance. Aside from all the good educational benefits reading can have, it is tremendous for lowering stress and anxiety levels, and increasing empathy.
Rather spend 2hrs watching the movie than days reading the book, my time is precious to me.
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by LiyoS)
Not everyone enjoys the same thing. People shouldnt be looked down on not for reading, there are loads of other things that lower stress and anxiety etc like exercise. People dont have unlimited time to do all these things so they pick the ones they enjoy. For me that is art.
sknudson
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Tootles)
Good grief, I've written four times as many books as you've read. That's sad.
The written word isn't a very useful way of delivering information to me. I don't mind little stints of reading on forums, but as mentioned above reading weighty texts is a true challenge in itself: the sitting still, the handling of the book, the smell and feel of paper, the unholy levels of focus required to have any degree of comprehension, etc. It's just not worth the ordeal to me. On the other hand, I have no problem with the spoken word and can quite happily listen to audiobooks, interviews, and lengthy radio shows.
Tootles
Report 2 months ago
The written word isn't a very useful way of delivering information to me. I don't mind little stints of reading on forums, but as mentioned above reading weighty texts is a true challenge in itself: the sitting still, the handling of the book, the smell and feel of paper, the unholy levels of focus required to have any degree of comprehension, etc. It's just not worth the ordeal to me. On the other hand, I have no problem with the spoken word and can quite happily listen to audiobooks, interviews, and lengthy radio shows.
Not gonna wash man. I'm dyslexic and still read a lot and write novels for a living. If it's not to your taste, say it's not to your taste, but don't make pathetic excuses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads