The Student Room Group

Using brothers ID

Some of my colleagues from work are going on a night out next weekend to a club. They’re 18-25, but I’m only 17. I really want to go, as I’m really good friends with them but because I’m underage I won’t get into any clubs.

I have a brother who is 18, almost 19 so I was thinking about borrowing his ID. We look pretty similar, at least that’s what everyone says to me. Do you think borrowing his ID to get into clubs is a good idea? Will I get caught? What happens if I do get caught?

I would take his bank card too just so it looks more realistic.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Some of my colleagues from work are going on a night out next weekend to a club. They’re 18-25, but I’m only 17. I really want to go, as I’m really good friends with them but because I’m underage I won’t get into any clubs.

I have a brother who is 18, almost 19 so I was thinking about borrowing his ID. We look pretty similar, at least that’s what everyone says to me. Do you think borrowing his ID to get into clubs is a good idea? Will I get caught? What happens if I do get caught?

I would take his bank card too just so it looks more realistic.

Ask him for his ID, don't take his bank card you might lose it. Worse thing that happens if you get caught is you'll get kicked out of the club
Reply 2
Original post by filipw
Ask him for his ID, don't take his bank card you might lose it. Worse thing that happens if you get caught is you'll get kicked out of the club

Will they not want to have some other type of proof that I’m the person on the ID?
They may confiscate his ID if you get caught
Original post by Anonymous
Will they not want to have some other type of proof that I’m the person on the ID?

:facepalm2:

How do you think identification is supposed to work? The whole point of the photograph is to show that it's you, not that you can fish a few things out of someone's wallet.
Reply 5
Very small chance it may get confiscated if they think it's not you, or may just tell you to go away. As long as you look similar enough and are confident when you hand them the ID, they usually let you in.
Reply 6
Original post by jameswhughes
:facepalm2:

How do you think identification is supposed to work? The whole point of the photograph is to show that it's you, not that you can fish a few things out of someone's wallet.

No need to be rude. I’ve just heard that some other people who use other people’s ID have been asked to prove its them (as the bouncer thinks the photo looks different) by showing a bank card or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending