The Student Room Group

Who wishes that they were younger?

post removed
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When my bones ache I do have a moment when I think 'ffs, it wasn't like this when I was 16', ha.
ooh a counter thread

my bones ache and i'm 16 - should i be worried???

well i long to be dorian gray - youthful and glorious. but soon our limbs fail, our senses rot. we all degenerate into hideous puppets haunted by the memory of the passions of which we were too much afraid and the exquisite temptations that we had not the courage to yield to...
Only if I had the same level of knowledge and wisdom/learnings from life lessons as I do now...

but we all know that can't happen :emo:
Well I had three paths in my head way back when...

a) Study CompSci (which I am currently doing)

b) Study law

c) Study medicine (which I decided against after some work experience)

I have always wondered what I'd be like right now if I chose to study medicine/law :lol:
Reply 5
Original post by Blue_Cow
Well I had three paths in my head way back when...

a) Study CompSci (which I am currently doing)

b) Study law

c) Study medicine (which I decided against after some work experience)

I have always wondered what I'd be like right now if I chose to study medicine/law :lol:

What made you not wanting to study medicine after your work experience?
Original post by Ralet
What made you not wanting to study medicine after your work experience?

I shadowed a consultant urologist for a bit, and the clinical/hospital environment just seemed far too stressful for me and the level of responsibility was just too much as well.

I did like the hour or so looking around the pathlab though - if I did decide to go into medicine then I'd probably opt for the MB/PhD (or equivalent) research route or some... branch of pathology :lol:

Nah, we could work side by side :cube:
:lol: We do! But maybe if I had chose another life we'd be working in unis in an even closer capacity :lol:

Funny you ask that. I was contemplating switching to law last week after a few weeks of crisis with CS coursework :emo: I don't actually know why I "dropped out" of that particular route... I've been to a few "Get into Law" type events with barristers/solicitors coming in talking about their work, and I've spoken to my aunt who's a barrister about it as well, when I was a child.

I suppose throughout pre-university education there isn't much exposure to the law in school, so maybe that's how I lost interest? Who knows! Another factor might be because I'm a lot stronger at STEM than I am with essay-based subjects :afraid:
Reply 8
Original post by Blue_Cow
I shadowed a consultant urologist for a bit, and the clinical/hospital environment just seemed far too stressful for me and the level of responsibility was just too much as well.

I did like the hour or so looking around the pathlab though - if I did decide to go into medicine then I'd probably opt for the MB/PhD (or equivalent) research route or some... branch of pathology :lol:

Nah, we could work side by side :cube:

Interesting. I am studying similar currently Maths,Computer Science and Biology at college and I still have no idea if where the future will take me.
I would only want to be younger if it means I can relive my mistakes and change them.
Otherwise I want to be older. I want to see how my life unravels..
If we stayed young, then life would be boring as you wouldnt see your story unfold.
Original post by Ralet
Interesting. I am studying similar currently Maths,Computer Science and Biology at college and I still have no idea if where the future will take me.

Best of luck :borat:

You could always take a gap year and have more time to decide :smile:
Suppose I wouldn't do too bad in patent law with a CS undergrad degree :lol:
I do, I'm 17 and in my final year of college and probably going to go university next year. I will be 18 next year and I feel like I haven't been fulfilled and done alot of things alot of 14-16 year olds do. I feel like I took advantage of most of what life threw at me but I just wwasn't in the right place at the right time I guess so it wasn't as awesome as I wish my younger teenage years couldve been
I think most people do, and yet, I remember when I was younger I wished that I was older!!

You can never revisit the past. But, in the words of Dr Seuss: Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened!
Reply 14
Nah I'm happy right now Alhamdulilah 😂
Had an 11 hours library session Alhamdulilah :biggrin:
:sadnod:
Original post by Black Rose
:sadnod:

long time no see
Reply 17
There's a 69 atm moment trying to identify as a 49 year old.

If he gets his wish ..then this will set a precedent ...and you'll get yours

Spoiler

Reply 18
Original post by gjd800
When my bones ache I do have a moment when I think 'ffs, it wasn't like this when I was 16', ha.

*When you're 16 and your bones ache*
:flute:
Oh yessss I wish this constantly!

Quick Reply

Latest