Working out my holiday/vacation entitlement

Watch
ennogs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have been tearing my hair out over this lol.

I am trying to work my holiday (vacation) entitlement out. Can somebody please tell me if I am right?

I get 27 days holiday plus the bank holidays (public holidays). My work year is 1st of April to 31st of March. Due to Easter moving about that means this year I get 7 days as bank holidays. In total this year I get 34 days holiday entitlement

If I worked full time I would do 7.5 hours per day and work 5 days per week = 37.5 hours per week. 34 holidays days x 7.5 hours a day = 255 hours holiday entitlement. If I was full time every time I take holiday day I would lose 7.5 hours/1 day from my holiday entitlement.

I don’t work full time. I do 18.45 hours per week which is half a week’s work. I don’t work 2.5 days though. I work 3 days per week and do 6.45 hours a day.

Based on that information am I correct in saying

This year I get 127.5 hours holiday entitlement (half of a full time worker). Every time I take a holiday day I take off 6.15 hours from my holiday entitlement

Or should it simply be

I get 34 days holiday entitlement. Every time I take a holiday day I just take a day off my holiday entitlement.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ennogs)
I have been tearing my hair out over this lol.

I am trying to work my holiday (vacation) entitlement out. Can somebody please tell me if I am right?

I get 27 days holiday plus the bank holidays (public holidays). My work year is 1st of April to 31st of March. Due to Easter moving about that means this year I get 7 days as bank holidays. In total this year I get 34 days holiday entitlement

If I worked full time I would do 7.5 hours per day and work 5 days per week = 37.5 hours per week. 34 holidays days x 7.5 hours a day = 255 hours holiday entitlement. If I was full time every time I take holiday day I would lose 7.5 hours/1 day from my holiday entitlement.

I don’t work full time. I do 18.45 hours per week which is half a week’s work. I don’t work 2.5 days though. I work 3 days per week and do 6.45 hours a day.

Based on that information am I correct in saying

This year I get 127.5 hours holiday entitlement (half of a full time worker). Every time I take a holiday day I take off 6.15 hours from my holiday entitlement

Or should it simply be

I get 34 days holiday entitlement. Every time I take a holiday day I just take a day off my holiday entitlement.
Think you are making it more complicated than it needs to be.
Your contract or staff handbook will tell you how many days holiday you get.
Put the bank holidays to one side as you get those as and when they are in the calendar.

If you get 27 days normal and you work half hours then you get 13.5 days a year. You take holidays in full and half days. If by the time you leave you have taken more holidays than you were entitled, then you will owe them money/ days and if less, then they may require you to take the holiday or pay you in kind.
Last edited by 999tigger; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (140)
14.39%
I'm not sure (42)
4.32%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (291)
29.91%
I have already dropped out (25)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (475)
48.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise