Moonshine83
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Good Morning,

I recently passed my CBAT and in a few weeks I take on the next stage of my application (the filter interview). I have received some mixed information with regards to the topics I am to revise. I have heard they only require 3 of each (UK/Worldwide). I have been informed it's actually 5 of each. I am really unsure what to believe and don't want to be nagging the AFCO if it's something I should perhaps know already Could someone please clarify what is correct presently? Also are we talking war/operations related or general big headlines like the world cup etc?

Thanks
RAF_Adam
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Moonshine83)
Good Morning,

I recently passed my CBAT and in a few weeks I take on the next stage of my application (the filter interview). I have received some mixed information with regards to the topics I am to revise. I have heard they only require 3 of each (UK/Worldwide). I have been informed it's actually 5 of each. I am really unsure what to believe and don't want to be nagging the AFCO if it's something I should perhaps know already Could someone please clarify what is correct presently? Also are we talking war/operations related or general big headlines like the world cup etc?

Thanks
Hi

There isn't a set amount of topics that we advise to revise. However, we recommend that you have a breadth & depth of understanding of current affairs and of global events, both international and domestic.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Moonshine83
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks Adam, why was it that these numbers have been mentioned then? I even remember the SNCO at our AFCO briefly saying about it at the P2 presentation. Has something recently changed? my letter of invitation also didn't mention the topics which is why I questioned it all together. I don't want to turn up and find them expecting something like a list of topics to choose from. I am applying for Air Ops Control and there seems to be some urgency to get me through each stage.
RAF_Adam
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Moonshine83)
Thanks Adam, why was it that these numbers have been mentioned then? I even remember the SNCO at our AFCO briefly saying about it at the P2 presentation. Has something recently changed? my letter of invitation also didn't mention the topics which is why I questioned it all together. I don't want to turn up and find them expecting something like a list of topics to choose from. I am applying for Air Ops Control and there seems to be some urgency to get me through each stage.
As stated, there are no set/specific topics. We're expecting you to have a broad knowledge of current affairs, certainly those which the RAF may have a requirement to be involved in both globally and domestically. Have an understanding of what's going on in the UK and around the world.

I can't comment on what you were advised at the AFCO, but that information I've given is direct from OASC...

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (43)
24.29%
No, but I have thought about it (48)
27.12%
No (86)
48.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed