The Student Room Group

change in household income- notification requirement

hello, I started working for my husband's company a couple months back and only just realised, I might need to notify SFE. I was not working before, so my husband's income was 100% of our household income. I have started working for him, but effectively what I earn, reduces his income, so although I will earn 10% and he will earn 90%, our total income, the total will be the same, because his earnings gotten reduced in favour of my wages. Can you please tell me whether there is any maximum notification period requirement for reporting changes whilst studying full time? Thank you.
Original post by veronika l
hello, I started working for my husband's company a couple months back and only just realised, I might need to notify SFE. I was not working before, so my husband's income was 100% of our household income. I have started working for him, but effectively what I earn, reduces his income, so although I will earn 10% and he will earn 90%, our total income, the total will be the same, because his earnings gotten reduced in favour of my wages. Can you please tell me whether there is any maximum notification period requirement for reporting changes whilst studying full time? Thank you.

Hi,

If you are still studying and querying the household income in relation to the means tested assessment, we wouldn’t require an update in a change of income.

However, we do have a Current Year Income (CYI) assessment available, but this is for when the household income has dropped by 15% or more. In these circumstances, we would require a CYI Form and can run a new assessment based on the figures provided, meaning a higher rate of Maintenance Loan may be available.This is an optional process however and is not compulsory.

Thanks, Rebecca.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending