Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've just had a current Adult Nursing student just ring my mobile asking me whether I have any questions about the course or the uni. Now I'm unsure whether this is genuine because I don't think BCU would give out private/personal information about prospective students, to their current students.Is this phone call genuine? Please let me know so others know. If there are any other BCU students that have had this call please comment so I know I'm not crazy

Also if there is any Adult Nursing students starting in January 2019, comment below because I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! Thank you!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Becci1306)
    Hi I've just had a current Adult Nursing student just ring my mobile asking me whether I have any questions about the course or the uni. Now I'm unsure whether this is genuine because I don't think BCU would give out private/personal information about prospective students, to their current students.Is this phone call genuine? Please let me know so others know. If there are any other BCU students that have had this call please comment so I know I'm not crazy

Also if there is any Adult Nursing students starting in January 2019, comment below because I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! Thank you!
    Did you get there name?
    Maybe it was a student rep?

I think its odd as a phone call is quite aggressive, so a better way would have been to send an email giving their contact details and allowing you to ask if you wanted.

Check with BCU. Sure you werent being pranked?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep

Hi Becci1306,

Our current Adult Nursing students are making courtesy calls to people who are due to start Adult Nursing with us this January, just to see if there are any questions you might want to ask about the course, placements, life as a student etc. before you start your degree. The calls take place on University premises, through our system and are supervised by a member of staff so no personal details are passed on to our current students. If you do have questions and would like us to call you back, just let us know and we can arrange for a student to contact you. If you have no questions and don’t require a call we make a note on the system not to call you again.

We look forward to seeing you again in January!

Thanks,
    BCU

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!
    I had my phone call today! The student I spoke to was lovely and super helpful!
    I start in January 2019 too!! Can't wait to get started!

ReputationRep:

I am starting Adult Nursing in January 2019. Also, I received a phone call from third year Adult Nursing student asking the same questions you were asked. It's genuine, because I spoke with one of BCU student nurse and she said it's part of the procedure.

During our conversation she mentioned that there will be an event for January intake on the 10th of December, but I am not sure of the time. Do you know if there is any event coming up?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, it is 5:30pm till 7:30pm I believe
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Kufobi)
    I am starting Adult Nursing in January 2019. Also, I received a phone call from third year Adult Nursing student asking the same questions you were asked. It's genuine, because I spoke with one of BCU student nurse and she said it's part of the procedure.

During our conversation she mentioned that there will be an event for January intake on the 10th of December, but I am not sure of the time. Do you know if there is any event coming up?
    Hi Kufobi,

That's right, it's Monday 10th December, 5-7.30pm and you can register you place to attend here: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/news-events/ca...g-open-evening we hope to see you there!

Lydia

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.